• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Going to Sri Lanka

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
Hi, guys, I'm going to Sri Lanka next week for vacation. I'll be in Colombo for a few days, and in Kandy for a few days. I was wondering if any of you who've been there before had any suggestions for things to do, places to see, what to eat, etc. Thanks!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
love sri lanka. the big things to do are the elephant orphanage (aim to spend an hour or two there, and aim for washtime - your hotel conceirge can arange a guide who knows the schedule. the other thing is a spice farm.

I would also hit the botanical gardens in colombo, and there is a small mall that sells stuff manufactured in sri lanka for export - fantastic prices. I don't remember the name (maybe odel?) but your hotel will know the name.

eat sril lankan food - in a lot of ways I prefer it to indian, but if you are not familiar it will seem very similar.

take a tour of colombo - there is a nice monsque, a very cool budist temple with a resident elephant, markets, etc.

buy madras cloth and have it made into a few jackets.

kandy is nice - the main thing in kandy is the large budist monestary.

if you have any specific questions, ask

Reaction score
PM me your email address. One of my best mate's here in Saigon is a Sri Lankan guy - and arguably the nicest dude on earth. I'll email intro him, sure he can point you at something.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40