• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to spend some cash on shirts...what would you buy?

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sethkatzman@comcast.
Did he say he wanted to wear a dress shirt untucked? ...That's a fashion that never should have been. Nasty, and like a uniform for jockey 20- and 30-somethings.

An un-tucked dress shirt with linen or other lightweight pants is also the de facto dress code for everyone in a place like St. Barth, so take your faux-elitism back to your middle management job and concentrate of inflating your sense of self worth by telling yourself how much better you are than others.

sethkatzman@comcast.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
An un-tucked dress shirt with linen or other lightweight pants is also the de facto dress code for everyone in a place like St. Barth, so take your faux-elitism back to your middle management job and concentrate of inflating your sense of self worth by telling yourself how much better you are than others.
Get to a doctor immediately. You're about to have a stroke.

younglaw

Reaction score
Wow. I didn't expect so many posts
smile.gif
Thank you very much for the help.

I'm not in a HUGE rush, but I'd like to pick them up in the next month or two. I don't want to avoid good quality. The only reason I am avoiding any brand is my budget constraints.

As I said, I'd like to pickup 2-3 shirts for $200-300. Obviously if I can pickup more shirts for less, I wouldn't mind the extra cash...but I'm willing to spend it within this budget if posters believe it is worth the quality. I like RLPL's fit and quality, but don't think it is worth $200/shirt. I have never seen these other brands that people are mentioning in person, only online...so I'm asking for your judgment in quality/price.

I'd rather not pickup totally plain shirts because I already have lots of those.

So virtual work horse, yoox and the B&S forum seem to be my best bet? And keep my eyes out for RLPL, Kiton, Finamore, Isaia, Borelli and Truzzi?

As someone said if anyone has links off the top of their head that'd be even better.
smile.gif

Thank you again for all of your help

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
someone asked earlier if you were close to a Saks Off Fifth or Century 21. those are excellent B&M places to start. i'm about 2500 miles from Century 21, but there is an Off Fifth by me where i can get Borelli and RLPL for around $120-150, with regular sales that take an additional 25% ish off that.

this weekend i am also intending to take advantage of the Brooks MTM event where i'm told i can buy 5 MTM shirts (price range starts $100 ish) for the price of 4

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
someone asked earlier if you were close to a Saks Off Fifth or Century 21. those are excellent B&M places to start. i'm about 2500 miles from Century 21, but there is an Off Fifth by me where i can get Borelli and RLPL for around $120-150, with regular sales that take an additional 25% ish off that.

this weekend i am also intending to take advantage of the Brooks MTM event where i'm told i can buy 5 MTM shirts (price range starts $100 ish) for the price of 4

Saks Off Fifth usually has good deals on Robert Talbott, Ike Behar, Canali and Zegna shirts. These are a step down from RLPL, Kiton etc. but are decent shirts if you can get them for under $100, which they regularly are at Saks Off Fifth.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maufic
This forum amazes me sometimes. People write things without reading the entire thread. A number of options were given as to where the OP can get at least 2 shirts for his $200-$300. Two Isaia or RLPL dress shirts can easily be found for $300 if the OP takes the advice given in this thread. Yet you feel the need to come on here and criticize everyones advice. Maybe you should read the entire thread before you make your worthless comments.
I did read the thread, if you weren't a half twit you might realize that when someone wants to outfit themselves, having them spend all of their money on 2 shirts is marsupialed. He said he wants to expand his wardrobe, if you were able to process words into logical thoughts, you might realize that buying 2 shirts doesn't do much to branch out his wardrobe. Find the nearest beam and get yourself a rope.

younglaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Why not buy 3 black fleece shirts on sale for $75 each from BB right now?

Are these slim fitting?

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
I did read the thread, if you weren't a half twit you might realize that when someone wants to outfit themselves, having them spend all of their money on 2 shirts is marsupialed.

He said he wants to expand his wardrobe, if you were able to process words into logical thoughts, you might realize that buying 2 shirts doesn't do much to branch out his wardrobe. Find the nearest beam and get yourself a rope.

You're an idiot. You didn't offer any useful advice other than to say that Kiton is expensive. No kidding. You think you're so smart for figuring that out. Instead of criticizing everyones advice why not offer something useful, or shut up. You post useless comments and with an attitude to boot.

Also, if you actually did read the entire thread you would have realized that enough info was given so that the OP can get more than 2 shirts for his money. It all depends on what he is looking for in terms of quality or brand name. If he wants Kiton, RLPL, Isaia he'll probably only get 2 shirts for $300. If he wants Canali, Talbott he might get 3. If he wants something a step down from that he can get more. Plenty of advice was given to help him expand his wardrobe. But then again I said you would realize this if you read the thread. From your response I have doubts you can read. You douchebag.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey OP,
One other resource is E-bay. You can get damn near any shirt mentioned in this thread in your budget (x2 perhaps even x3)....if you do not want to be resourceful do not use the links above or e-bay.
I think there have been tons of Truzzi sold on here lately for $75.00 or less. I highly recomend that option, they can also be had at the formentioned links above and E-bay.

Sorry that there was a tiff, but the time you put into finding the right deal will pay off in a fuller and more rewarding wardrobe.
Oh, and the Isaia, Truzzi, Finamore, Gheraradi, Barba's of this world are better than RLPL (Lorenzini makes RLPL shirts).

The Black Fleece option is good advice as well. One of our members will be offering them up for $50.00 a piece this evening!

AscotMcPocketsquare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sethkatzman@comcast.
Get to a doctor immediately. You're about to have a stroke.

Looks like I hit a nerve. Don't worry you're definitely a better class of person than those HR dudes over on 4 who don't comb the internet for high end suits to wear to their business casual workplace.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare
Go have shirts made. Overpaying for off the rack shirts so you have a recognizable name on the inside is idiotic.
+1. If you can hold off a little while longer, go see Chan or CEGO to get exactly what you want.

younglaw

Reaction score
Thanks again for all of your help..you gave me some good food for thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads