• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Savannah

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
regional soft drinks, both domestic and international, are cool to try, but I think that most soft drinks only taste good after you are used to them (coke and pepsi included) and if you only get a chance to try a soft drink once or twice it will always be a novelty. that's been my experience, anyway. but next time I am in the carolinas, I;ll have to try cheerwine.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just to further derail the thread, i'm in the middle of the book 'Blink' by Malcolm Gladwell, which contains the interesting story of the 'Pepsi Challenge' taste test. Apparently Pepsi won the challenge because it's sweeter and more 'round'.
but the rest of the story is, because the test was designed as a 'sip test' and not a full 'use test' where you sit at home and drink a whole can (or case), coke actually compares favorably because over time it is not as cloying.
additionally, when doing a 'triangle' blind taste test, it is nearly impossible to tell a difference between coke and pepsi.

i just thought that was interesting.

/andrew

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads