• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to NYC: Fine Dining

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to New York in late May and this is my first trip to New York so I want to have a fine dining.
What can you guys recommend me for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner?

For dinner it would be great if they are under $100 each person.

I am staying for 6 days if that helps.

darnelled

Reaction score
Avoid the expensive tasting menus and you should be able to hit quite a few of the top places.
I loved the choices we made, but we went over your limit with a "you only live once" attitude-

Bouley
Le Bernadin
Nobu

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always find Bouley to be a great value for lunch. Actually, I hit up many of the nice restaurants in NYC for lunch. Gotham Bar & Grill does a nice lunch too..or did last time I was there.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by darnelled
Avoid the expensive tasting menus and you should be able to hit quite a few of the top places.
I loved the choices we made, but we went over your limit with a "you only live once" attitude-

Bouley
Le Bernadin
Nobu

Le Bernadin and Nobu are very good. Also try Gramercy Tavern.

These won't qualify as fine dining but go to Peter Luger's and Kat'z deli.

eml4sker

Reaction score
Peter Luger's is the correct answer. Bacon appetizer ftw.

raven37457

Reaction score
Hit up one of Michael White's spots Ai Fiori or Marea for the fine dining option. I was at Ai Fiori for brunch last month and it rocked. French/Italian riviera inspired cuisine.

If you want to do lunch in a more casual rustic environment I recommend Jody Williams' Gottino and Buvette (West Village). They are inspired by traditional Western European gastroteca/gastroteque/inoteca food establishments.

Have fun!

BKtomodachi

Reaction score
For brunch, I would recommend Paradou in the West Village. It isn't expensive, but it is unbelievably delicious. I like the duck reuben.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I always find Bouley to be a great value for lunch. Actually, I hit up many of the nice restaurants in NYC for lunch. Gotham Bar & Grill does a nice lunch too..or did last time I was there.

Bouley for lunch is a great deal.

If you are willing to go to Westchester, try Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The Sunday lunch is $88. I would rate it one of the top 3 dining experiences I've had (behind French Laundry and Vetri).

Catalyst

Reaction score
Dorsia. If you can get a reservation...
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads