1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Mr. Ned for my first MTM suit, any tips?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by trouble, Feb 27, 2013.

1. trouble

trouble Member

Hey everyone,
    I'm heading to Mr. Ned tomorrow to get my first MTM suit. I was hoping to get some tips, and some feedback on what I ask for. Naturally, I will post pics here and in the tailoring thread so you can rip it to shreds learn from my experience.

Here's what I think I am looking for:
    • Something gray, since I like it better than navy and will have plenty of opportunities to expand my wardrobe later.
    • Two buttons, besomed pockets, no cuffs on the pants, and no ticket pocket (since I'm average height and need longer-looking lines.)
    • A flattering but not too tight fit. I work out enough that I don't want something shapeless, but I'm not dumb enough to think I deserve something skin-tight. Is this specific enough?
    • Adjustable waistband pants - someone (AAAC maybe?) said pants should just fit, so you shouldn't wear a belt. I agree.
    • SB jacket and plain front pants - I find DB and pleats too complex.
    • Working cuffs - tasteful flaunting is so necessary.

Any advice on how to adjust what I ask for or tips on the process in general would be very helpful.

Also, people have mentioned getting the hand stitching on the lapels; what does that add?

Thanks!

T