• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to london :: where to find EG shoes?

hangten

Reaction score
Hello all,
I will be going to London for the first time next week from the 22nd to the 29th for work where I'll be staying at the Grange Holborn on Southampton Row. I am looking to purchase a pair of Edward Green Newburys in dark oak with a medallion. Where would be the best place to find a pair in US 11.5-12? Obviously, I am going to check the EG store on Jermyn but are there any other places I should look? Any sales to be had? I already have a few Lobb, Vass and other Italian shoes but I don't have a pair of EGs. I would check the factory stores but I am unsure if I will have the time let alone how to get there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Duane

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There is only the Edward Green shop in Jermyn Street.

Harrods (Kurt Geiger) stocks a few models (six at the most). There are no other retailers in London.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
There is only the Edward Green shop in Jermyn Street.

Harrods (Kurt Geiger) stocks a few models (six at the most). There are no other retailers in London.

Has Asprey completely dropped the EG line Bengal?

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Has Asprey completely dropped the EG line Bengal?
Actually I forgot about Asprey.

Unlike the New York store, which cleared the whole lot out in January, London hung on to the EG oxfords and loafers. They have been re-priced recently and went down from GBP 500 to GBP 350 or so. (Just a new ticket, no visible mark-downs.) They did the same to the remaining Lattanzi stock.

They haven't gotten any new shoe stock, by anybody, (as yet?) for Fall 06.

Also Ede & Ravenscroft stocks a few EG models.

mussel

Reaction score
Does the Polo store in London carry RLPL EG?

Andrew, have you checked out the EG & Lattanzi stocks at Asprey's new location in Manhattan?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Andrew, have you checked out the EG & Lattanzi stocks at Asprey's new location in Manhattan?

I haven't beet to Asprey's new location yet, but it was my understanding that they were abandoning men's RTW and footwear.

Von Rothbart, do you have any additional info?

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out 'Browns' and 'Browns' outlet store, both on South Molton St, W1.
Just off Oxford St. The outlet store had a few pairs left on Tuesday (not sure on sizing or style).

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
I haven't beet to Asprey's new location yet, but it was my understanding that they were abandoning men's RTW and footwear.

Von Rothbart, do you have any additional info?

I haven't checked out the new location yet. I'll report back when I do. AFAIK, the current location on E57 off 5th is temporary. The permanent location will be on Madison. This means we are losing 2 EG sources back-to-back?!
frown.gif

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
Actually I forgot about Asprey. Unlike the New York store, which cleared the whole lot out in January, London hung on to the EG oxfords and loafers. They have been re-priced recently and went down from GBP 500 to GBP 350 or so. (Just a new ticket, no visible mark-downs.) They did the same to the remaining Lattanzi stock. They haven't gotten any new shoe stock, by anybody, (as yet?) for Fall 06. Also Ede & Ravenscroft stocks a few EG models.
Does annyone know what Asprey have as shoes at the moment?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ralph Lauren store near Saville Row and the Burlington arcade stocks RLPL branded EGs. I saw them on my recent trip in early June. The Jermyn street shop was a little underwhelming being an EG fan. It is quite small. I was expecting to see all sorts of models on display but there weren't more than 15-20. Still it's a must stop for any EG fan I suppose.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sirs,

One question please: if I am in London, is it worth for having a look at Northhampton (e.g. for getting Churchs)?

Thanks
GN

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Northampton shure, but why Church's? I'd be looking for JLP or CJ or Trickers, see the reports on SF

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
To Northampton shure, but why Church's? I'd be looking for JLP or CJ or Trickers, see the reports on SF

These were my thougts.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd
Sirs, One question please: if I am in London, is it worth for having a look at Northhampton (e.g. for getting Churchs)? Thanks GN
I second the trip for having a browse for C&J, Lobb & xxxx. For Church's You can also check out Herrings online selection. The new 108 & 002(Royal) lasts, and old but excelent 73 a special for Herring i belive. They also have a excelent selection of seconds & specials.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj

Just be careful about the opening hours. C&J is only open Friday PM and Saturday AM. Trickers only Monday-Friday. The JLP shop is must. I've always drawn a blank at Church's - the selection in my size is never great.

If you're up for something different, the Barkers shop (Earls Barton) had a good selection of Barker Black last time I went, for a bargain £120. Cheaney at Desborough always have a great selection and they're the most helpful outlet I've come across.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads