• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to London 3 weeks PLZ Help me pack...

jcard

Reaction score
Hey guys
Need help packing for london the begining of october...
No work attire needed...
So what im thinking
1 navy suit cotton
2 Jeans black, blue
2 jacket 1 leather brown1 utlity green
1 v neck sweater black 1 cardigan navy
2 oxfords
couple ts
henley grey
white chucks or black keds?
pair of black wingtips or borwn?

any ideas are welcome? should I take more less? something different?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sounds fine. the only caveat is there has been heavy rain here every few days through summer, so factor that in. having said that youll probably be ok with what youve got and an umbrella.

Last edited:

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not a lot of clothing for 3 weeks, I don't see any shirts for the suit.

Also 3 weeks in London, is a VERY long time unless you know someone there or are there for work etc.

jcard

Reaction score
yes I have a couple button downs, ok I need more clothes? so what else?
I am there for work but a bit differnet kind, I have 2 weeks with a football club there so training athletic gear will be worn. The rest of the week last week is sightseeing and meeting with freinds in newcastle and sunderland and then off to barcelona for a week.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you are going to Newcastle and up north I would pack some heavier knits as well, as it can be really cold in late October (around freezing) and if you have raincoat of some sort, if not an umbrella should do it.

jcard

Reaction score
bring an unmbrella all the way there really? i was just gonna buy one when needed.? what kinda bag or bags should I bring? was thinking two carryones size lether duffles ? didnt want to bring a roling suitcase at all? but might have to? thoughts?

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bring an unmbrella all the way there really? i was just gonna buy one when needed.? what kinda bag or bags should I bring? was thinking two carryones size lether duffles ? didnt want to bring a roling suitcase at all? but might have to? thoughts?

sounds fine, just get an umbrella when you're here. don't over think this, what you have is good.
if you go out in newcastle, you're not allowed to wear an overcoat anyway. all the girls wear mini dresses ,even in mid-winter.
do you have trials with the football clubs?

jcard

Reaction score

you can't pack your own suitcase? it's london, not the ******* antarctic.

easy mate! just relax, breath no ones making you reply.....

the rest of you thanks for the help....

PabloDiablo

Reaction score
Since you aren't bringing an umbrella with you make your first stop in London Swaine Adeney Brigg. Quintessentially British and the only umbrella you will ever need, ever.

trunks206

Reaction score
I'm curious, what club are you training with? Regardless good luck and have fun.

Last edited:

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1, you'll have seen everything worth seeing within a couple of days. You might want to look into visiting other parts of the country as well, especially if you're there for 3 weeks.

You can live in London for a year and still not see everything worth seeing.

In fact I think you could sightsee solidly all day everyday for three weeks and still have plenty left that is worth seeing. London has plenty of faults but there not being much to see is not one of them, tourists just seem to end up doing the same boring crap.

Bring a raincoat or umbrella. Today it was virtually tropical storm rain. Early October can be fairly pleasant - cool but dry with a little bit of sun still, or it can be horrible. You should be pack for both. Unless you are going to any specific smart events or places with dress codes don't worry about being too smart, London is probably more casual than most Americans would expect.

A cotton suit is a little out of season for October - we will definitely be in wool suit territory, but if that is all you have it won't matter, you might want to wear a jumper or a coat with it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads