1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Going to Japan

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by j, May 8, 2005.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I dunno, 11 or 12

2. j

j Senior member Admin

I brought back 13 pairs from Uniqlo - one each selvage, rinsed ring and linen/cotton for myself and then 10 other pairs for other people. I could not possibly have jammed more jeans in, unfortunately, so I guess I'll have to go back. I've decided that we need to open a shop here in Seattle that basically transplants all the cool stuff they have in the 100 shops in Ueno, Shinjuku and Shibuya, since there would be absolutely no competition and plenty of market for such a store here. It seems really wrong for example that Ueno alone has probably twice the amount of Levi's Premium stuff (made in the USA) of the entire west coast of the US. I want to recap the trip, but I'm kind of beat after not sleeping for about 54 hours or something, and then getting about 4 hours of sleep last night. I did just wash my selvage Uniqlos though and they are drying out on my balcony in the 100000 degree weather here. I'm going up to Whidbey Island (in the San Juans) with my family this weekend to decompress and laze, and also show off trip pictures and video, so you all will have to wait a bit for the jeans. I will try to get online from up there and write a proper update, and also upload pictures. For now I leave you with this: [​IMG] P.S. Honolulu Airport is the worst airport I have ever seen in my life. I'll add to the thread later. But seriously, that place needs to burn.

3. ken

ken Senior member

A taco slot, eh? This idea intrigues me...

"J. went to Japan and all he got was this hilarious avatar."

4. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

LOL that is a funny pic....esp if you know what they were *trying* to say, a classic case of Japlish gone awry [​IMG]

5. Alias

Alias Senior member

But I liked Honolulu airport [​IMG] It was better than LAX anyways I'll PM you about my linen jeans; hopefully they were one of the lucky few that made it in your luggage.

6. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

7. j

j Senior member Admin

Everyone who ordered jeans (except Shoreman, sorry man, I couldn't find yours, hopefully you got that PM) please email me about it at [deleted] (my stable email). I will be passing the shipping job on to my aunt so I will be asking for I think $10 per order in "handling" (not per pair, for those of you who got more than one) to make it worth her while. Obviously the server is still not as stable as it appeared, so we'll take care of the rest via email. Send me your shipping address and remind me of what you ordered - it should all be here.

I'm not going to check right now but whoever had the pair of 33 selvages is getting the pair I bought originally for myself and rinsed in Japan, because I couldn't find another pair in 33 and they didn't shrink to fit me. So they are a little crinkly and probably need further washing/rinsing- let me know if you still want them.

More later.

8. j

j Senior member Admin

Jeans update:

I went to send out 6 pairs today and they didn't have the boxes I needed. They said I had to order them. So I did, and they should be here soon. Sorry about that, they will go out as soon as I get the boxes.

I'll be putting up some more Japan pics somewhere soon too.

9. j

j Senior member Admin

10. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Great photos J.. [​IMG] PLEASE tell me at least one of you got a 'super robot' statue.. [​IMG] I am so jealous.

11. j

j Senior member Admin

Well, there's one of me fighting a Gundam, but since I have a policy of being mysterioso on the forum, I can't post that one publicly. [​IMG]

12. j

j Senior member Admin

NWT Uniqlo Linen/Cotton jeans size 34 in faded/whiskered wash for sale - here

13. mfrege

mfrege Senior member

Will you be stopping by J. Press?

[​IMG]