• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Houston!!!

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
I am going to Houston for a few days at the end of June. Does anyone have and suggestions for shooping, eating, and fun things to do? I appreciate all the help as usual.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well, what kind of shopping and restaurants are you looking for? What area of town will you be staying in?

aybojs

Reaction score
Don't know what you're specifically looking for; your age/interest demographic might help, but if you or any of the other Houston SF people are up for having a drink or so I'd be game.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
If we get enough people I'd even drive up from SA. Any Dallas people interested?

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
We are both 25 years old and looking for some good shopping and a nice restaurant to go to one night for dinner. My GF LOVES SHOES SO A GOOD MALL WOULD BE NICE AND IF WE GO FOR DRINKS ALL FORUM MEMBERS GET THE FIRST DRINK ON ME.

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
We are staying at the Springhill Suites and will be by the medical center. I would look to take her out for a nice dinner while we are there.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how about a nice travel journal like the one J posted from tokyo...

fareau

Reaction score
I live next to the medical center and am something of a recent transplant (2 years) so jcusey and the other are probably better poised to offer recommendations. I can't comment very authoritatively on women's clothing, but if you go to the Galleria (corner of Westheimer and Post Oak Blvd; can't miss it, it's a beast of a mall), your girlfriend should be well sorted. As for you, here are a few men's stores that are quite good:
1) Harolds in the heights
350 West 19th Street, Houston, Texas 77008
2) M. Penner
2950 Kirby Drive, Houston, Texas 77098
3) A. Taghi
5116 Westheimer Road, Texas 77057
4) Norton Ditto
2425 West Alabama, Houston, Texas 77098

There are so many excellent restaurants in this city, it is almost impossible to know where to start. A convenient evening might be to go to Rice Village (you can Google this), which is a very pedestrian friendly cluster of stores, restaurants, and pubs. I suggest enjoying a nice meal in the Village (try Cafe Rabelais) and then walk over to Morningside Drive (just around the corner) where there are a string of cool places to have a drink.

There is also a very good theater district and the museum district deserves mentioning. It's an interesting city.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fareau is spot-on when it comes to Houston shopping, although I've never had much use for A. Taghi. M. Penner is the finest men's store in Houston, and Jim and Johnny in the shoe department at Harold's in the Heights are great, as are their shoes. Fareau's restaurant recommendation is also excellent. The food at Cafe Rabelais has always been excellent for me. There are a number of other good restaurants in your general area, too -- Houston probably has a very large number of excellent restaurants per capita. Some of the ones that I like include Laurier Cafe on Richmond between Buffalo Speedway and Kirby, La Mora near Westheimer and Montrose, Americas on Post Oak near the Galleria, and Cafe Annie on Post Oak near the Galleria (along with the Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas one of the temples of New American cuisine).

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas everyone.. It will be a great trip with good shopping and eating I'm sure. Any more ideas please feel free to post.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads