• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to a Musical...

bearlydavid

Reaction score
I am going to a Musical later on tonite... At around 8

I was wondering what should I wear

I was thinking about a blazer, some khakis, white shirt, tie, and some penny loafers..?

What do yall think?

Its either that or khakis and polo... But im leaning towards the blazer...

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? I think your blazer/white shirt/khakis/tie outfit will be appropriate at any musical. Just make sure everything's clean and ironed.

--Andre

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Where are you located? I think your blazer/white shirt/khakis/tie outfit will be appropriate at any musical. Just make sure everything's clean and ironed.

--Andre

The Dallas Fort Worth Area...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Go with the blazer and tie. There is a wide range of clothing at the theatre these days, everything from full-on suits and ties to jeans and sneakers, but if you want to look sharp, you should at least wear a sportcoat.

You also want to consider what your date or the rest of your group will be wearing and if you are planning to go out for drinks or dancing after the show.

You could also consider wearing the blazer with your khakis and polo if you want a slightly more casual look.

alflauren

Reaction score
Perhaps something with stripes.

rehnquist.jpg

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was thinking something more along the lines of...
Major_General.jpg

bearlydavid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Go with the blazer and tie. There is a wide range of clothing at the theatre these days, everything from full-on suits and ties to jeans and sneakers, but if you want to look sharp, you should at least wear a sportcoat.

You also want to consider what your date or the rest of your group will be wearing and if you are planning to go out for drinks or dancing after the show.

You could also consider wearing the blazer with your khakis and polo if you want a slightly more casual look.

That worked great... I certainly wasent overdressed...

the musical was great... Fell asleep halfway through.... But none the less it was good

Thanks for all the help guys

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alflauren
Perhaps something with stripes.

rehnquist.jpg

He was a big fan of Gilbert and Sullivan, FWIW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads