***Going custom= Christmas complication***

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RL Beasley, Dec 26, 2013.

1. RL Beasley

RL Beasley Active Member

Every year from Christmas I have enjoyed getting clothes from my family members. I have a couple brands that the people who know me well know that I enjoy. I've looked forward to opening new shirts and jackets from my family over the years.

But now... everything is different.

Earlier in the year I broke down and finally got a custom made suit from a local tailor. I am officially ruined. My first foray into the world of custom was such a success that I have sworn off buying shirts and jackets off-the-rack, for good. While I am glad about my decision to go custom and I'm thrilled with the way my wardrobe is being built, it was a bit of a let down when all I got for Christmas was a new electric toothbrush.

How has your commitment to being a sartorial snob effected how people buy gifts for you?

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

No.

I directed them years ago not to do so, it is not for them to decide what I wear.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

3. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

My family learned years ago not to buy me clothing, and I'm happy about that.

4. RL Beasley

RL Beasley Active Member

My family is just now going through this transition. I guess I'm gunna need another hobby so that they'll have something to get me.