1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Going childless in the U.S.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Who else is in office? C'mon.

Let's go right to the top. You think Obama is an upper?

2. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC

What was Bush? Most members of the Senate? Elected Republicans?

3. randallr

randallr Senior member

Now he is. To pass any legislation he would need the support of other people, 95% of which are VERY well off to say the least. How would one go about implementing your proposal Pio? Could you see it working? Do you realize you are making a lot of assumptions?

4. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Is there a country as right-wing as you'd like to see our country? Chile under Pinochet maybe? Saudi Arabia?

[​IMG]

Yes, we give generous help to the poor. In return, we ask that they do not further shoot themselves in the foot. How fucking brutal is that?

So, you are a female, come from a working class family, and have three kids out of wedlock during your undergrad. Odds you're getting into a good law school and if you get in, you'll be one of the top performers? Or med school? Oh wait! People put off having kids until they get a few important life events completed, for the most part. Imagine, that we should be so "right wing" as to facilitate people making better choices, through the generosity of society!

5. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

This is why it's hard to seriously talk to people. School boy logic just really puts a damper on attempts at real conversation.

Harsh, man. There is a real argument in what he said...

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

What was Bush? Most members of the Senate? Elected Republicans?

Actually, Bush is an upper. Obama is not. Don't take it up with me though. There are much better masters in the discussion of class here than me.

Thread is all yours boys.

7. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Harsh, man. There is a real argument in what he said...

No, there isn't. He didn't even bastardize Swift in an interesting fashion.

8. randallr

randallr Senior member

[​IMG]

Yes, we give generous help to the poor. In return, we ask that they do not further shoot themselves in the foot. How fucking brutal is that?

So, you are a female, come from a working class family, and have three kids out of wedlock during your undergrad. Odds you're getting into a good law school and if you get in, you'll be one of the top performers? Or med school? Oh wait! People put off having kids until they get a few important life events completed, for the most part. Imagine, that we should be so "right wing" as to facilitate people making better choices, through the generosity of society!

Do you really think everyone has the same values are you? Not everyone cares about careers as unfortunate as that is. For a society like ours to function I think it is imperative that their is failure. If everyone was a lawyer, doctor, or educated person who would work at GM, Ford, Chrysler? Oh wait. Oops.

I just wish things could go down they way you propose. Government is just to inefficient and I think it will remain like this for a long time.

9. randallr

randallr Senior member

Gr. Did Pio quit? This was getting good, real dialogue was happening here!

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Gr. Did Pio quit? This was getting good, real dialogue was happening here!

Real dialogue? It seemed like he was a few posts away from getting Godwinized.

11. randallr

randallr Senior member

haha. It was text-sparring! He even called me a school-boy, I'm flattered, really.

12. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    [​IMG]

Is Nazi Germany right-wing enough?!?!111

ZOMG, LOLZ I just Godwinized the thread! [​IMG]

13. zeitgeist

zeitgeist Active Member

Reason to have kids? Ask Latricia Ryan, single stay-at-home mother of ten: http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/in...ryan_of_1.html I think the generous welfare benefits that this government gives to the lazy to sit and pump out kids may be one. Edit: I think people who continue to pump out children they can't afford, while continuously asking for tax payer handouts, should be sterilized. Furthermore, to be eligible for government handouts (food stamps, medicaid -- both of which _I_HATE) you should be required to hold a full-time job. There's this woman I used to work with that had five kids, single. All from different Dads. She started when she was 14 and just never got the hint. Makes me sick... I like seeing large families... but you should be able to afford them. These people in the ghetto (though now with the foreclosures they're putting section 8 peoples into neighborhoods which don't want them -- bringing crime to communities) pumping out kids, never working a day in their lives... should be put down for the good of the country.

14. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^ireland actually pays you a near salary for them.

15. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Yep. I wasn't vehemently against having kids when younger but I simply felt it wasn't for me. Then, into my 30's that started to change after my father passed way. I was 36 when my kid was born.

pretty much identical story - but I was 35. I really didn't think I've ever have kids, until I was early thirties.