1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Going childless in the U.S.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Connemara, Dec 3, 2008.

1. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member

Sorry. This thread grew boring and I tuned it out some time ago.

Yes, IMO, any person of breeding age that is on welfare, should be forced to take contraceptives, until such time as they can support themselves and their family without direct transfer payments, i.e. WIC, SCHIP, EITC. This is the sort of thing that gets me deemed a "hard right winger" though. I just look on it as common sense and an expression of the mutual responsibility the indivudal has to the society lending them a helping hand.

Sounds good, P.O.

2. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Hollywood for Ugly People... Washington, DC
    I agree. There's only one of me, and there are literally millions of people with an IQ under the norm [​IMG]

The thing is, they're breeding like rats!

How about free contraceptives introduced in high school to students. Not forced, but I bet lots of kids would take up the offer.

I'm guessing you'd need to go somewhere to apply for welfare, SCHIP, unemployment, etc... so they could be introduced there as well. Free vouchers for the visit and the script.

Too left-wing?

3. randallr

randallr Senior member

I agree. There's only one of me, and there are literally millions of people with an IQ under the norm [​IMG]

The thing is, they're breeding like rats!

haha, touche...maybe multiplying like bunnies is a better term.

4. randallr

randallr Senior member

How about free contraceptives introduced in high school to students. Not forced, but I bet lots of kids would take up the offer.

I'm guessing you'd need to go somewhere to apply for welfare, SCHIP, unemployment, etc... so they could be introduced there as well. Free vouchers for the visit and the script.

Too left-wing?

Oh my god the uprisings this would cause. As far as everyone is concerned people of this age don't know what sex is.

5. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

Oh my god the uprisings this would cause. As far as everyone is concerned people of this age don't know what sex is.

I know right, like the kids are so retarded.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Too left-wing?

Pretty sure rubbers are handed out like candy on Halloween already. And as far as "introducing" them at the various hand out offices? They should be mandatory before you get your first payment, and payments should stop if you become pregnant or father a baby. If you do that, you're obviously too stupid for society to continue to invest in you.

But again, I'm a radical right winger, thinking people should demonstrate their responsibility to the society helping them. Even crazier...the thought there should be consequences.

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^my boys are behaving so badly in advance of christmas i may wind up among the childless.

8. KBW

KBW Senior member

My fiancee wants FOUR. I want one if that

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

fear not, she will change her tune once one leaves her vagina. my closest friend married his wife woth the understanding that she wanted 4 to 5. they have a boy and a girl and they are done.

10. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

I honestly don't think I know any adults 40+ voluntarily without kids.

Now you know one. My brother and his wife as well.

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

Anyone go from NOT wanting kids in their younger days, to wanting them in their mid-life?

Yep. I wasn't vehemently against having kids when younger but I simply felt it wasn't for me. Then, into my 30's that started to change after my father passed way. I was 36 when my kid was born.

12. randallr

randallr Senior member

Pretty sure rubbers are handed out like candy on Halloween already. And as far as "introducing" them at the various hand out offices? They should be mandatory before you get your first payment, and payments should stop if you become pregnant or father a baby. If you do that, you're obviously too stupid for society to continue to invest in you.

But again, I'm a radical right winger, thinking people should demonstrate their responsibility to the society helping them. Even crazier...the thought there should be consequences.

In a perfect world I would be a radical right winger also, but I think it's important to understand where people come from. I also think that if there were a bunch of even poorer children running around crime would sky-rocket. The quality of life is really dictated heavily on the lower class. What about like poor-person/stupid person hunting season? Where you get to shoot everyone that became pregnant but couldn't really afford children? That sounds like a win-win to me; taking care of society's problems while having a good time.

13. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

In a perfect world I would be a radical right winger also, but I think it's important to understand where people come from. I also think that if there were a bunch of even poorer children running around crime would sky-rocket. The quality of life is really dictated heavily on the lower class.
    +1. In a perfect world where I lived like Monty Burns, I think I could be a right winger. The hell with the poor until it affects me, then the right winger will be the first to scream about how worthless the Government was to let things get so bad. The cure? More prayer, return to family values and more tax cuts for me, me, me. Lock myself behind my mansion's gate and let the rest go to hell.

14. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

In a perfect world I would be a radical right winger also, but I think it's important to understand where people come from. I also think that if there were a bunch of even poorer children running around crime would sky-rocket. The quality of life is really dictated heavily on the lower class. What about like poor-person/stupid person hunting season? Where you get to shoot everyone that became pregnant but couldn't really afford children? That sounds like a win-win to me; taking care of society's problems while having a good time.

This is why it's hard to seriously talk to people. School boy logic just really puts a damper on attempts at real conversation.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

+1. In a perfect world where I lived like Monty Burns, I think I could be a right winger. The hell with the poor until it affects me, then the right winger will be the first to scream about how worthless the Government was to let things get so bad. The cure? More prayer, return to family values and more tax cuts for me, me, me.

Can you just point out where anyone is saying to "hell with the poor" here? Please see above.

16. randallr

randallr Senior member

This is why it's hard to seriously talk to people. School boy logic just really puts a damper on attempts at real conversation.

Can you just point out where anyone is saying to "hell with the poor" here? Please see above.

I think all of your ideas would work in a vacuum, but not in actual practice. What do you think the lower-class will do when the upper-class impose these restrictions on them? No one would stand behind any of your ideas because it would be political suicide. Ron Paul.

17. randallr

randallr Senior member

Oh and I voted for McCain.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I think all of your ideas would work in a vacuum, but not in actual practice. What do you think the lower-class will do when the upper-class impose these restrictions on them? No one would stand behind any of your ideas because it would be political suicide. Ron Paul.

You really think it's the "upper class" that impose restrictions? [​IMG]

And you really think there are not already a plethora of restrictions? Go research the food stamp program, from the restrictions placed on it, to the secondary market to get cash from your allotment. It would be a good start to begin thinking on the whole transfer payment issue.

19. randallr

randallr Senior member

Who else is in office? C'mon.

20. JoeWoah

JoeWoah Senior member

You really think it's the "upper class" that impose restrictions? [​IMG]

And you really think there are not already a plethora of restrictions? Go research the food stamp program, from the restrictions placed on it, to the secondary market to get cash from your allotment. It would be a good start to begin thinking on the whole transfer payment issue.

Is there a country as right-wing as you'd like to see our country? Chile under Pinochet maybe? Saudi Arabia?