• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going back to grenson at bennie's

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was actually thinking about that one in black. I may order it, and wait until I get those and the loafers and send back the one that I like less.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I ordered one of those in cognac. It's supposed to be shipped today. I'll post comments when they arrive.

edit - I actually ordered #9, the loafer. But those cap-toes look great.

Lomezz

Reaction score
Assuming those are the Rugby (even though the color seems a bit off), then I was the first to buy them from Bennies. They are absolutely stunning in person. I'm not an expert enough, but to me they resemble EG last 202 a bit, with the sort of 'tucked-in' look, slightly snub nose and nice curve to the instep. There is a mild antiquing effect especially in the cap area. The fit is a bit snug, but they are very comfortable. No heel slippage at all, which to me is always indicative of good last design. I just got home from work, having worn them all day, and I must say it was a rather painless experience, which is quite a feat for any kind of shoe, even a sneaker. My only regret is that I had to do some walking in the wet here in NYC, and it always puts a strain on leather soles - the thin layer covering the channeling has come loose (I guess the leather gets softer from the water and wears much quicker). I went ahead and ordered the number 5 (plain toe 4 eyelet derby in cognac) from bennies for $100(&#33
wink.gif
, and look forward to receiving them next week. I was assured they are also from the masterpieces series.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Lomezz,

$100.?.?.?.?  I can't believe all this.  I also was shocked on MOnday when Louis called me back.  I had called on Friday and he said he would check his stock and get back with me...right.  Well, he did.  I'm not used to a salesperson actually calling me back.

keys

Reaction score
I'm looking for another pair from the Masterpieces line in 8 1/2.

I suppose I'll get around to calling Bennie's sooner or later but in the interim should Louie or Chris read this PM me w/ your current inventory in my size.

Thanks.

V-

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these run true to size or big or small? Any ideas what is left in size 10.5 and size 11.

-

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
otl etc.- norcaltransplant had mentioned that older grensons (and these) seemed to run tight in the toebox, but I am an 11d in Allen Edmonds, ordered an 11d from bennie's, and they fit great. It is a slimmer cut shoe with a closer fit than AE, but the fit is excellent (again, for me). As far as what's left, reports here and on askandy imply the stock is spread among a couple stores, so any aggregate assessment of stock is really not easy. I'm in Maryland, so it's not like I could have checked it out when I originally saw the post. I'm not sure how quickly they're selling, since they don't seem to be out on the floor; they always "Checked in the back" when I called. Unfortunately, FCS seems to have checked pretty thoroughly for size 11 with no luck. The salespeople seem to have been very helpful. I ordered my shoes from Chris, who posted on the other thread:
This is Chris, I will be more than happy to try and email anyone interested in the Grenson shoes pictures if they will email or call me with such a request. It may take a couple of days to get the pictures to you, but if you will bear with us, we will try to give an exact count of the styling still in stock. 770-955-1972 Thanks for the support from this group and we hope you will be happy with any purchase you have made through our company. [email protected]
He was responsive over email and phone. EDIT: I will now shut up about the Grensons. Â
biggrin.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of those exact shoes in 10.5D, hopefully they fit well. Chris just said that the penny loafers that I had ordered from them earlier were the Radley.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
As far as what's left, reports here and on askandy imply the stock is spread among a couple stores, so any aggregate assessment of stock is really not easy.
As of last Friday, Louie at the Piedmont Road store had some Grensons out on the floor, on the racks, and some in the back. As of last Saturday, the Gwinnett County store said that it had just transfered all the Grensons it had left to Louie at the Piedmont Road store. It also said that Chris at the Cobb County store had some left, in the back of his store.
Of course, this news is now 4-5 days old and I do not know the situation now. But it appears that Bennie's is consolidating at least somewhat, so it should be somewhat easier for them to inventory all they have in a size for any caller.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FYI, there's an EBay seller who has started selling lots of new Grensons for very cheap (under $100).  You can find them by searching for "Grenson" on ebay.  I've sent her an email asking if they are the Masterpiece line, but I don't think they are.

Edit: Actually, Grenson is not in the title of the auction; you have to check the box to search both title and text for Grenson. For some reason, the seller's title just refers to the shoes as "English" shoes or something.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
When I talked to Chris today to purchase the Rugby Masterpieces, he mentioned that he had another 500 pairs of shoes or so coming in, and that they would be in in about 10 days.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
When I talked to Chris today to purchase the Rugby Masterpieces, he mentioned that he had another 500 pairs of shoes or so coming in, and that they would be in in about 10 days.
Saw Louie this afternoon, who had a slightly different story. He said that he was "bidding on" an additional 350 pairs and hoped to get them, but right now, he was not sure he would. I know the members of this forum hope that he does.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hmm, chris posted in the for sale section that he had more coming in next week...

HitMan009

Reaction score
Did someone buy the monk strap, no. 16 in size 7 1/2?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads