1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

God made all of us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by matadorpoeta, Aug 5, 2008.

1. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

Sorry about that. Sorry if it seems that way. Not trying to be provocative or mean. Just curious. Many people are not willing to believe. I was just wondering why you are willing.

2. Shraka

Shraka Senior member

Sorry about that. Sorry if it seems that way. Not trying to be provocative or mean. Just curious. Many people are not willing to believe. I was just wondering why you are willing.

I'm willing to believe in things that have some evidence and seem logical. I'll believe Jesus was a real person when I see evidence to satisfy my level of requirement for 'proof'.

I still wont believe he was god, or that there even is a god. My world view is that there isn't, and I like it that way. I don't really want a big fluffy entity looking after me, I kinda like the world without it, as it makes you more responsible for your own actions. I could be wrong though, and I'm willing to change my mind on even that if I see enough evidence (of which I have seen very little, and all of that is very shaky at best).

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm willing to believe in things that have some evidence and seem logical. I'll believe Jesus was a real person when I see evidence to satisfy my level of requirement for 'proof'.

Do you believe this about the thousands of other historical figures for whom we have only stories and statues but no DNA evidence. Who is to say that any of them ever existed, and that the writings attributed to the great ancient authors were even done by them?

Believing that there is no God because you like it that way, or because you don't want to believe in one seems to put you on foundation no less shaky than the most ardent theist.

4. Shraka

Shraka Senior member

Do you believe this about the thousands of other historical figures for whom we have only stories and statues but no DNA evidence. Who is to say that any of them ever existed, and that the writings attributed to the great ancient authors were even done by them?
    Many historical figures have ledgers, logs, memoirs and stories written containing them. As I understand it, Jesus does not.

That's not even my point though, if you'd read through my posts (which I don't think you have). Apparently blackplatano has some evidence that Jesus exists. I simply want to see it, that's all.

Believing that there is no God because you like it that way, or because you don't want to believe in one seems to put you on foundation no less shaky than the most ardent theist.
    It ALSO seems illogical to me to think there is one without a decent amount of evidence. The only evidence I've seen so far is people saying they spoke to him, which I don't give a great deal of weight to when stories of who god is conflict so much. Also, many things people have said were god have been scientifically explained away, which leads me to think god only exists as our explanation for the unexplained.