1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

God d**n beef lo mein...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpooPoker, Sep 15, 2010.

1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And yeah I know it's callous but you people with nut allergies must have really done something bad in a former life. Perhaps you were all practicing homosexualists, and this is God's payback for your interest in nuts?

So what do you make of the fact that Im also allergic to fish? (Swear to god)

2. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

They could be frying with peanut oil, or a peanut oil blend.

That is, in fact, a favorite of Chinese cooks.

3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

I can eat cooked apples but need an epi-pen if in the vicinity of raw ones. same for cherries, kiwi and plums. my aunt went into shock after eating red snapper (they had used the same pan for a lobster apetizer)
    thanks - yeah, it is risky, but this is my "home" place, where I always get from, for years now without any probs. I feel like someone scrubbed my insides with a bbq cleaner. [​IMG] Kunk - my boss has an apple allergy too - I heard thats a bad one, is it? Even smelling apples she gets all twisted.

4. Nil

Nil Senior member

So what do you make of the fact that Im also allergic to fish? (Swear to god)

Lesbananas most likely. Apparently you were an all around deviant in your previous lives, though so hot in at least one of them.

5. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

The chinaman is truly inscrutable.

6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

God damn that sucks Spoo. When I read about this shit it makes me very grateful to be allergy free.

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

sucks. i've been there with apples.

god, you are such a big homo.

The chinaman is truly inscrutable.

I'm keeping my eye on you. I know about the plan, I read the Italy/Prato article.

8. Pantisocrat

Pantisocrat Senior member

The most painful thing about eating good Chinese food is the wait. It feels like Star Wars kid doing his crazy sh!t in my stomach.

9. BP348

BP348 Senior member

I had no idea that just using the same pan or a previously used knife could set off a food allergy.

10. B1FF

B1FF Senior member

I saw a friend last year go into anaphalytic shock when she ate some fajitas at a Mexican joint. She specifically informed the waiter that she was allergic to avocados, then told him that even if the knife had previously touched an avocado it was no good, and still damn near died.

The average Orthodox Jew seems to take far more responsibility and show more concern for how their restaurant meals are prepared than most of the people I know with life-threatening alergies. Strange.

11. Eason

Eason Senior member

That's because Jews are annoying and love to complain. Extra cream cheese and lox, make sure it's dark, DARK pumpernickel.

12. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Had lunch with some co-workers yesterday at some Vietnamese place and were joking about the whole peanut allergy thing. Crazy that people can have such an adverse reaction from not only ingesting tiny amounts, but being near it. Maybe I shouldn't joke about it....SUCKAS!

13. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

I'd be curious to get Kwik's take on this.

I saw a friend last year go into anaphalytic shock when she ate some fajitas at a Mexican joint. She specifically informed the waiter that she was allergic to avocados, then told him that even if the knife had previously touched an avocado it was no good, and still damn near died.

Why would one go to a Mexican restaurant if one were deathly allergic to avocado?

In fact, why would anyone with a death allergy to a common food go to any restaurant at all? Unless you carried some kind of antidote drug with you...

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why would one go to a Mexican restaurant if one were deathly allergic to avocado? In fact, why would anyone with a death allergy to a common food go to any restaurant at all? Unless you carried some kind of antidote drug with you...
    I know somebody who's horribly allergic to dairy. That means butter. That means that any restaurant is crossed off the list if we use your logic. Is he never supposed to eat out as long as he lives?

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have an epi pen but rarely carry it as I have only had one other incident like this my whole life and I am pretty careful. But if you tell your server you have a severe allergy (at a "real" restaurant, not a takeout joint), odds are they will bend over backwards to make sure you dont die and leave their tip.

16. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Damn Chinese food - I say 10x I am allergic to nuts, ordered from the place 50x before without problem. Beef lo mein shows up - 2 bites - and I begin an 8 hour journey into anaphylaxis that only now I feel marginally better from. Im in amazing pain and just stopped hallucinating a few minutes ago. I dont know what those fuckers snuck in there, but Im pissed.

You might be alergic to chain link fence and asphalt.

- B

17. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

That's because Jews are annoying and love to complain. Extra cream cheese and lox, make sure it's dark, DARK pumpernickel.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. Member title. Well deserved.

18. SpooPoker

You might be alergic to chain link fence and asphalt.

- B

You dont like it, the background?

19. cairomerta

cairomerta Senior member

I feel sorry for all of you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thats funny!