• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

God d**n beef lo mein...

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I know that it's ridiculous to think that peanuts shouldn't be in restaurant food items, but it's kind of ridiculous how unprepared/unconcerned some restaurants seem to be about it.
I'd be curious to get Kwik's take on this. I saw a friend last year go into anaphalytic shock when she ate some fajitas at a Mexican joint. She specifically informed the waiter that she was allergic to avocados, then told him that even if the knife had previously touched an avocado it was no good, and still damn near died.

KenN

Reaction score
Is this a situation where an EpiPen would have been useful? My cousins have peanut allergies and they all carry EpiPens, but I am not sure how severe their allergies are.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
They could be frying with peanut oil, or a peanut oil blend.
Chinese cooking is almost all done with peanut or corn oil due to the high temperature needed. Also, liang mian should be served with a sesame sauce. And yeah I know it's callous but you people with nut allergies must have really done something bad in a former life. Perhaps you were all practicing homosexualists, and this is God's payback for your interest in nuts?

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Is this a situation where an EpiPen would have been useful? My cousins have peanut allergies and they all carry EpiPens, but I am not sure how severe their allergies are.

When I was an EMT, the rule of thumb was that if someone was anaphylactic, there were dead before a BLS truck could get them to the ED unless they had epi pens with them right there.

I have epipens due to food allergy. I rarely find it necessary to physically carry them, but when traveling overseas where I am not as sure about things, I carry them constantly.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN

I only took 2 or 3 bites before the "oh ****" radar kicked in... and even then I was crippled for about 8 hours. Anything more than that I would have definitely shot that ***** up.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
And yeah I know it's callous but you people with nut allergies must have really done something bad in a former life. Perhaps you were all practicing homosexualists, and this is God's payback for your interest in nuts?

So what do you make of the fact that Im also allergic to fish? (Swear to god)

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
They could be frying with peanut oil, or a peanut oil blend.

That is, in fact, a favorite of Chinese cooks.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can eat cooked apples but need an epi-pen if in the vicinity of raw ones. same for cherries, kiwi and plums. my aunt went into shock after eating red snapper (they had used the same pan for a lobster apetizer)
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
thanks - yeah, it is risky, but this is my "home" place, where I always get from, for years now without any probs. I feel like someone scrubbed my insides with a bbq cleaner.
ffffuuuu.gif
Kunk - my boss has an apple allergy too - I heard thats a bad one, is it? Even smelling apples she gets all twisted.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
So what do you make of the fact that Im also allergic to fish? (Swear to god)

Lesbananas most likely. Apparently you were an all around deviant in your previous lives, though so hot in at least one of them.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The ******** is truly inscrutable.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
sucks. i've been there with apples.

god, you are such a big ****.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
The ******** is truly inscrutable.

I'm keeping my eye on you. I know about the plan, I read the Italy/Prato article.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most painful thing about eating good Chinese food is the wait. It feels like Star Wars kid doing his crazy sh!t in my stomach.

BP348

Reaction score
I had no idea that just using the same pan or a previously used knife could set off a food allergy.

B1FF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I saw a friend last year go into anaphalytic shock when she ate some fajitas at a Mexican joint. She specifically informed the waiter that she was allergic to avocados, then told him that even if the knife had previously touched an avocado it was no good, and still damn near died.

The average Orthodox Jew seems to take far more responsibility and show more concern for how their restaurant meals are prepared than most of the people I know with life-threatening alergies. Strange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads