1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Goatee shaping/trimming

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by myfriedryce, Sep 19, 2006.

1. myfriedryce

myfriedryce New Member

looking for an electric trimmer that can shape my goatee, but also comes with removeable attachments to trim the goatee with.preferably not plastic.
    any suggestions?

2. stach

stach Senior member

I have a Wahl but the attachments are plastic.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

I was just thinking it would be nice to have one of these that was waterproof and maybe rechargeable, for trimming burns and such in the shower. Anyone have a recommendation?

4. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

i just use scissors. problem with a trimmer is it's too easy to make the thing look overly neat and uniform. i like my goat to have some ... spikeyness, for lack of a better word.

that said, i believe my latest trimmer has been a Braun, which also comes with a retractible mustache trimmer. (the trimmer is retractible, not the mustache.)

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

i just use scissors. problem with a trimmer is it's too easy to make the thing look overly neat and uniform. i like my goat to have some ... spikeyness, for lack of a better word.

This is good. "Perfect" facial hair only belongs in a bag at a costume shop, or on action figures.

6. j

j Senior member Admin

Yeah, unless you have facial hair like mine that curls and sticks out like an inch from your face and just looks scruffy. I used to use the clipper on my electric shaver to just trim the crazy hairs but I tossed it since it was so beat up.

7. GreyFlannelMan

GreyFlannelMan Senior member

My facial hair also tends to grow straight out...I generally use a Norelco G350, which works fine.