1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Goat leather boot care

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jgold47, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jgold47

jgold47 Senior member

I picked up this pair of boots the other day. [​IMG]

They are goat leather, and before I start wearing them, any good tips/advice on keeping them clean and in good condition? Being greyish purplish blackish (mine are not this gray), I wasnt sure how to approach their care.

2. Geste

Geste Senior member

I have a pair of PRADA goat skin shoes (brown) and the way that works for me, is to wrap a toothbrush with a 100% cotton cloth and gently wipe.

3. jet

jet Senior member

What are you trying to accomplish? I have never cared for any of my shoes or boots. Do you think they will last longer if you condition them?

Never understood this.

4. Listi

Listi Senior member

What are you trying to accomplish? I have never cared for any of my shoes or boots. Do you think they will last longer if you condition them?

Never understood this.

Depends on your environment. I get salt stains on my boots if I don't wax them regularly, I can get them out with warm water and soap if I do so immediately, but I'd rather wax once every month or so than wash with water every day.

5. jet

jet Senior member

I could see for salt but we don't have that problem here so perhaps he treks through salted snow on the regular.