• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for Fall

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Polo suede oxford in the semi-brogue configuration below, Rain last. Single leather sole with dark brown edging. Whisky (light brown/tan) lining.

Link is here!

ttp://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/current-gmtos-and-pre-orders/products/gmto-deposit-carmina-semi-brogue-in-polo-suede

GMTO through Skoaktiebolaget. Please direct any questions to them at this point, either directly by email with Gabriel ([email protected]) or by posting in the Skoak affiliate thread.

This is the way it will be made as per their current semi-brogue model

But with polo suede (here's one pic though a slightly different make-up)

From @ScottMC (sourced from Armoury?)

I know a few members missed out on the adelaides. The idea is to have a great shoe with mid-grey trousers for the fall. Should work with dressier casual looks, given suede and brogueing.

The current prices from Skoak for the adelaides are $334 not including shipping, which is really good for Carmina shoes.

We have seven! Happy to get some more.

@southern-swede
@JLnoir
@cocopops
@TweedyProf
@ScottMC
@ehult
@Andy57

Last edited:

southern-swede

Reaction score
Im interested. As I missed out on the 9,5. Im going to Mallorca next week so can try which size Im in rain as I never bought Carmina before.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@southern-swede

Great. I will keep you in mind. The GMTO will wave the additional cost of an MTO so long as we get 6. We can specify features that we want, so long as all 6 of us agree beyond differences in size.

The Rain is my favorite Carmina last, of the one that I have worn: forest, rain, and simpson.

Let me know how the fit is. Do you have any opinions about the make-up?

southern-swede

Reaction score
Would be nice to see different pics of suede make ups. I can google. I think both would look nice :) Atm I only own a pair of tassles in suede from Meermin.
At work I normaly wear chinos, shirt and sc.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A blucher might suit you better then, given a more casual office context. I'm open to that too. Let's see what others say.

Some nice Vass versions of a redder suede in various oxford styles.

JLnoir

Reaction score
I do it if it was the polo suede and the semi brogues( the second shoe)

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great. I'm inclined to the second as well. Do you care whether oxford or blucher? I oscillate for something to wear more formally or casually, respectively.

JLnoir

Reaction score
I'd like it in the Oxford. Pretty much the same as the second shoe only in polo suede would look absolutely amazing.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I'll see if Skoak has some pics from earlier make-ups.

So, three potentially. Need three more! This will be a great make-up.

tarebacke

Reaction score
The Rain is my favorite Carmina last, of the one that I have worn: forest, rain, and simpson.
29.gif

Last edited:

JLnoir

Reaction score
I've only worn the Simpson how should I size a 10uk in rain last

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wear Rain a half size down from Simpson. That works well. The Rain is a wider fitting last (normal fit). As the Simpson is narrower, I found that sizing up (as is conventional wisdom re: that last) by 0.5 worked well. That is generally true, it seems for others in Carmina.

So 8UK Rain, 8.5UK Simpson for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads