• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gloves

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a pair of gloves. Unfortunately, as I have relatively slender hands, the common boxy American glove doesn't fit well on me at all. I'd like to find something leather that's fitted and lined (preferably wool or cashmere; I'm not really a fan of thinsulate lined gloves). My ceiling's about 150, and if possible, I'd like to pay less. That said, there is some flexibility in that if there's some substantial quality worth paying for.

JO3B

Reaction score
my hands are somewhere slender as well.

i've been looking into driving gloves in leather and they all seem to fit me fairly well.

womens gloves would probably be TOO slender,

and a lot of stuff is under 150

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timpoblete
Perhaps women's gloves? Their stuff tends to be more slender, no?
I've considered it, but the fit tends to be rather off in my experience, and I'm definitely not looking for feminine styling.
Originally Posted by JO3B
my hands are somewhere slender as well. i've been looking into driving gloves in leather and they all seem to fit me fairly well. womens gloves would probably be TOO slender, and a lot of stuff is under 150
I'm really looking for warm, autumn/winter gloves. I'm pretty sure I'd freeze with driving gloves.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get made to measure gloves in capeskin with cashmere lining from Chester Jefferies or LaCrasia for under $150.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hm. Got a link?

For that matter, are there any decent options well under 150? 50-100? If I can find something decent there, I'd prefer it for obvious reasons.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chester Jefferies has been discussed before, and many members, myself included, have been satisfied with their work. The website is www.chesterjefferies.co.uk I would go to them over LaCrasia, who don't usually make for men and are inconvenient if you do not get to NYC. Chester Jefferies have a better selection of skins, too.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their prices are a lot nicer than I expected this sort of thing to cost. This may work. Thanks, guys.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads