1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gloves

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Arethusa, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I'm looking for a pair of gloves. Unfortunately, as I have relatively slender hands, the common boxy American glove doesn't fit well on me at all. I'd like to find something leather that's fitted and lined (preferably wool or cashmere; I'm not really a fan of thinsulate lined gloves). My ceiling's about 150, and if possible, I'd like to pay less. That said, there is some flexibility in that if there's some substantial quality worth paying for.

2. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Perhaps women's gloves? Their stuff tends to be more slender, no?

3. JO3B

JO3B Senior member

my hands are somewhere slender as well.

i've been looking into driving gloves in leather and they all seem to fit me fairly well.

womens gloves would probably be TOO slender,

and a lot of stuff is under 150

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Perhaps women's gloves? Their stuff tends to be more slender, no?
    I've considered it, but the fit tends to be rather off in my experience, and I'm definitely not looking for feminine styling.
    my hands are somewhere slender as well. i've been looking into driving gloves in leather and they all seem to fit me fairly well. womens gloves would probably be TOO slender, and a lot of stuff is under 150
    I'm really looking for warm, autumn/winter gloves. I'm pretty sure I'd freeze with driving gloves.

5. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

You can get made to measure gloves in capeskin with cashmere lining from Chester Jefferies or LaCrasia for under $150.

6. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Hm. Got a link?

For that matter, are there any decent options well under 150? 50-100? If I can find something decent there, I'd prefer it for obvious reasons.

7. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Chester Jefferies has been discussed before, and many members, myself included, have been satisfied with their work. The website is www.chesterjefferies.co.uk I would go to them over LaCrasia, who don't usually make for men and are inconvenient if you do not get to NYC. Chester Jefferies have a better selection of skins, too.

8. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

And if you want warm, they'll line them in coney (rabbit) fur.

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Their prices are a lot nicer than I expected this sort of thing to cost. This may work. Thanks, guys.