• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glenn Beck is a twat.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
How, exactly, did I prove you wrong? I spouted the party line, i.e. he's a douche. He's a douche, however, he doesn't piss me off any more that Jon Stewart, the various idiots on MSNBC, etc. Sorry I can't get worked up about all the idiots.

However, the people that focus on Beck and get pissed off by him, also tend to be people I enjoy pissing off. Most people just dismiss him as an idiot; those he pisses off are part of a sub-set of people I tend to like to piss off.

So, put your manufactured outrage away, I'm with you on this. He's a douche. Doesn't mean it's not different douches he pisses off, IMO.

My point was pretty much that:

1) Everyone here thinks Beck is trash
2) Bringing him into discussion so often in SF is merely a smokescreen to paint our resident rightwingers as idiots by association even though they also think he's a douche.
3) Then you went and basically showed appreciation for him via the common dissociative strategy of guilty pleasure (presented differently but same thought pattern).

Can we just agree he's trash, agree with people that are pissed off at him being an insulting asshole with the ideas of a mongrel and discuss something else?

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Twat is a little strong - I think he is more of a ****.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
My point was pretty much that:

1) Everyone here thinks Beck is trash
2) Bringing him into discussion so often in SF is merely a smokescreen to paint our resident rightwingers as idiots by association even though they also think he's a douche.
3) Then you went and basically showed appreciation for him via the common dissociative strategy of guilty pleasure (presented differently but same thought pattern).

Can we just agree he's trash, agree with people that are pissed off at him being an insulting asshole with the ideas of a mongrel and discuss something else?

I'm ready to never talk about Beck again. Somehow, the people I tend to enjoy tweaking? Don't think they'll never mention the douche again.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the usual reasons for hating him, but live ridicule of a woman who just miscarried is beyond-the-pale fucked up.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
I don't care about the usual reasons for hating him, but live ridicule of a woman who just miscarried is beyond-the-pale fucked up.

If true, agreed. I don't think families are ever fair game. Not everyone shares that opinion with me, but no matter who you are, that's my belief.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y'know, the country was a lot better when you could just up and coldcock a guy for acting like a sonofabitch.

Much better.

lefty

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Stewart is on Comedy Central, Beck is on Fox News. See if you can tell a difference.

One is on 24/ 7?

Originally Posted by chorse123
I was just outside, and the sky was blue. Blue!

They sky has a well known liberal bias.

videogeek

Reaction score
Stewart is on Comedy Central, Beck is on Fox News. See if you can tell a difference.

To be fair, neither have any journalists on staff.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videogeek
To be fair, neither have any journalists on staff.

Yeah that's what I was pointing out. And at least Comedy Central doesn't try to come off as a news channel.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was pointing out. And at least Comedy Central doesn't try to come off as a news channel.

Which is even sadder, as apparently, material segments of the US population think it does deliver real news.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads