• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glen plaid

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if grey Glen Plaid is a standard classic bound to stay in fashion. I just about bought a grey Glen Plaid Corneliani suit at Saks last week but as they didn't have one in my size, I opted for a lighter blue. The salesman was telling me: "It's good you went for the blue, because grey Glen Plaid is not in style anymore."
I love Glen Plaid in both grey and brown. Is it not a classic that will always be in style?

BjornH

Reaction score
I think glen plaid will always be in style but will pop into the mainstream every few years. The classic/safe model is the subtle grey version - models with colour accents will be subject to fashion IMO which makes them the preferred model from the fashion houses (yes, I'm paranoid.).

I'm dreaming of a 3 button suit with subdued glen plaid pattern - haven't found one yet as I don't want any colour in it. As a 3rd of 4th suit it's great but it's not the most versatile suit around.

B

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if grey Glen Plaid is a standard classic bound to stay in fashion. I just about bought a grey Glen Plaid Corneliani suit at Saks last week but as they didn't have one in my size, I opted for a lighter blue. The salesman was telling me: "It's good you went for the blue, because grey Glen Plaid is not in style anymore."
I love Glen Plaid in both grey and brown. Is it not a classic that will always be in style?
Was it the one with the subtle purple stripe running through it? I came THIS close to getting it, but since I already have a nice glen-plaid, I passed. Nice suit, though.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrac: Yes, I think it was. It was by Corneliani Collection, which I don't think is quite at the level of Linea Sartoria, but at $450 (Tax included) a very good deal and a nice suit for business wear.
I loved the side vents -- they give that suit the right touch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads