Glen plaid

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Stu

Stu Senior member

I was wondering if grey Glen Plaid is a standard classic bound to stay in fashion. I just about bought a grey Glen Plaid Corneliani suit at Saks last week but as they didn't have one in my size, I opted for a lighter blue. The salesman was telling me: "It's good you went for the blue, because grey Glen Plaid is not in style anymore."
    I love Glen Plaid in both grey and brown. Is it not a classic that will always be in style?

2. BjornH

BjornH Senior member

I think glen plaid will always be in style but will pop into the mainstream every few years. The classic/safe model is the subtle grey version - models with colour accents will be subject to fashion IMO which makes them the preferred model from the fashion houses (yes, I'm paranoid.).

I'm dreaming of a 3 button suit with subdued glen plaid pattern - haven't found one yet as I don't want any colour in it. As a 3rd of 4th suit it's great but it's not the most versatile suit around.

B

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

Was it the one with the subtle purple stripe running through it? I came THIS close to getting it, but since I already have a nice glen-plaid, I passed. Nice suit, though.

4. Stu

Stu Senior member

Thrac: Yes, I think it was. It was by Corneliani Collection, which I don't think is quite at the level of Linea Sartoria, but at $450 (Tax included) a very good deal and a nice suit for business wear.
    I loved the side vents -- they give that suit the right touch.