• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Glaser Designs

computerpro3

Reaction score
Just wanted to say how blown away I am by the service at Glaser Designs.

I'm in in the market for a new flaptop briefcase relatively soon, and this is my first high-end bag. Being that, I decided to give them a call as I had a lot of questions for them regarding pricing, my uses, style, leather, etc. I wanted some custom touches done as well such as a holder for a 2x AA flashlight and a dedicated sheet music pocket.

I gave them a call, and even though it is Saturday, they answered on the very first ring. I spoke to Myron, and even though I immediately made it clear that I wasn't buying today and it would probably be a week and a half to two weeks, I wound up talking with him for 45 minutes. He described every step of their process, from how they buy the leather from the tannery, hand detailing it, to the hand finishing, etc, etc. He told me about some of their upcoming designs, practical uses, etc. He said the custom options are not a problem at all, and took into account even how tall I was, what model laptop I will have, my usage patterns, etc.

He absolutely sold me. If anyone wants a 250GB OCZ Vertex SSD for $480 shipped let me know, because I'm putting down a 50% deposit as soon as it sells. It is just so refreshing to talk to a small business owner that has so much knowledge and passion about his product. And it is even more refreshing to talk to someone that has FUNCTIONAL DESIGN as the primary goal of his product.

I just wish it didn't take so long to make the bags - I'm impatient and want mine now! But there is no rushing craftsmanship, and I'd much rather wait to receive a high quality product.

Probably going to due a Skype video chat with him in a few days so I can see the scale and features on video, and then I'll order it.

hatguy

Reaction score
I too have been considering Glaser. After hearing your experience, I'm enouraged to give them a call. Thanks for sharing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.