• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glaser Bags

Dob

Reaction score
I have seen a few posts lately extolling the virtues of Glaser bags. I have long been impressed with Myron's work and finally bit the bullet and ordered a flaptop in a light smooth leather. I would love to see any pictures of some broken in and carried Glaser bags - I know there are at least a few lurking on the board...
smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

DSD

rilian

Reaction score
Hey there, I just visited the shop and ordered the flaptop in espresso calfskin. I'll post pics when I get it!

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should have never gotten on this forum. It's costing me dearly. If I buy another pair of shoes in the next month or two, I'm going to need to be kicked in the head.

Now I'm really drooling over these Glaser bags, I looked at them on here for 6 hours yesterday, at work with nothing going on. The store is close by, I should go in, but $$$$$......

Norcal Guy finally put some pics up. I too would love to see how well they take on a patina.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I should have never gotten on this forum. It's costing me dearly. If I buy another pair of shoes in the next month or two, I'm going to need to be kicked in the head.

Now I'm really drooling over these Glaser bags, I looked at them on here for 6 hours yesterday, at work with nothing going on. The store is close by, I should go in, but $$$$$......

Norcal Guy finally put some pics up. I too would love to see how well they take on a patina.

the patina is amazing over time because his bags have photoreactive leather which react to sunshine (which is the best antiquer along with daily use which burnishes the leather).

When I got my bag, it was also completely pale - like the color of untreated leather. In fact, this is a picture of the actual burnished hyde he used to make it [picture]

with exposure to the sun, it turned from that pale burnished color to a Berluti like cognac

now if you get the Walnut version, it's really a reddish chestnut in color and I've seen some stunning ones of those that are 10 yrs old in his shop which I'll take pictures of the next time I'm there

I'm trying to convince him to offer my color as a regular option and also, and especially, get his leather supplier in Italy to get him a nice medium brown color, because that would be the one that shows the best antiquing over time

I get stopped by people several times a day asking where I got it

hope this helps

rilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips

You gotta go in and visit Myron, Kari, and Eli and have them show you the stuff. The website is old, so the materials and line-up is a bit different now. They're revising the site, so new photos will be up.

I have to say that the bags are beautiful in person. They even have alligator and ostrich leathers.

As for pricing, I think it's very reasonable when you compare how exhorbitant the prices are for leather bags from Louis Vuitton, Coach, Gucci, etc. Keep in the mind, Glaser bags are made locally and domestically if you're in the Area. You interact directly with the craftspeople and can see the process right when you visit the shop. They don't do much marketing, so you pay for for the craftsmanship, not the name brand appeal. It's what sold me, honestly.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ agreed^^

a higher quality bag you won't find anywhere (nor will you find more honest, considerate and caring people to buy from - salt of the earth)

IMG_6208_2.jpg

IMG_0803_2-1.jpg

rilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
the patina is amazing over time because his bags have photoreactive leather which react to sunshine (which is the best antiquer along with daily use which burnishes the leather).

When I got my bag, it was also completely pale - like the color of untreated leather. In fact, this is a picture of the actual burnished hyde he used to make it

with exposure to the sun, it turned from that pale burnished color to a Berluti like cognac

Myron explained to me that the patina that develops will be different for every person because it depends on how the person uses and hold the bag. So, what you have is a bag that evolves over time to your individual patterns. Each bag is unique to the owner. So cool.

erdavis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rilian
You gotta go in and visit Myron, Kari, and Eli and have them show you the stuff.

You interact directly with the craftspeople and can see the process right when you visit the shop. They don't do much marketing, so you pay for for the craftsmanship, not the name brand appeal. It's what sold me, honestly.

I haven't bought anything from them, but I am a fan of their work. I use to work not far from their shop and would drop by occassionally. I think they do the Marigold color super well and I think their ostrich is really good.

Check out the sail cloth covered books. I don't think they even went into production with it, but it was a great idea.

Hope to visit them again when I am in the bay area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads