• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

giving prohormones a shot

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i appreciate what you said jumble. but this is all i have that passes for a hobby. it's like telling a movie lover to wear a blindfold to the theatre.

Maybe find new hobbies that aren't going to **** you up in the long run? And switch up your training for more skills/function - more sports/performance oriented stuff?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Picking up hundreds of pounds and moving them around the room seems pretty functional/performance oriented to me.

lefty

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my wife often asks why i get such pleasure from picking up heavy things and putting them back down.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Picking up hundreds of pounds and moving them around the room seems pretty functional/performance oriented to me.

lefty

Yes, if the only physical function you need is to lift heavy ****.

I used to love lifting, but at some point recognized that it isn't enough for life-long physical training and health on its own. Sure, it's great and even necessary, but maybe as 30-50% of your overall training, and not to a point where you're risking your spine and so on. I still absolutely believe that aside from being a highly-specialized pro-athlete (most of whom still cross-train in other disciplines), overall sustainable physical fitness should be the ultimate goal for any man.

Basically strength, endurance, stamina, reflexes and hand/eye coordination, toughness, etc. I have nothing against a pro lifter who can run a 10K and is a great basketball player for example, but I take equal issue with a both a skinny starved runner who has fucked up knees, and a bodybuilder who can't run a couple miles and has back problems as well as health issues from steroid abuse (nothing personal against you guys who use gear, i know it can be used safely in many cases and can sometimes helps. With regular prolonged use however, it does become incrementally more dangerous)

I hope that makes sense.

KBW

Reaction score
ok smith is believable...the weight doesn't translate evenly (still heavy as hell but he couldn't do 395 on a regular free flat bar). Kunk also really surprised me by how he looks in a sleeveless. He is pretty built. My apologies Kunk for saying u were small
smile.gif
Not sure why you'd want to take prohormones still. You will end up getting too bulky/wide to wear aesthetically pleasing clothing

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Yes, if the only physical function you need is to lift heavy ****. I used to love lifting, but at some point recognized that it isn't enough for life-long physical training and health on its own. Sure, it's great and even necessary, but maybe as 30-50% of your overall training, and not to a point where you're risking your spine and so on. I still absolutely believe that aside from being a highly-specialized pro-athlete (most of whom still cross-train in other disciplines), overall sustainable physical fitness should be the ultimate goal for any man. Basically strength, endurance, stamina, reflexes and hand/eye coordination, toughness, etc. I have nothing against a pro lifter who can run a 10K and is a great basketball player for example, but I take equal issue with a both a skinny starved runner who has fucked up knees, and a bodybuilder who can't run a couple miles and has back problems as well as health issues from steroid abuse (nothing personal against you guys who use gear, i know it can be used safely in many cases and can sometimes helps. With regular prolonged use however, it does become incrementally more dangerous) I hope that makes sense.
Makes sense to me! I for one, love lifting. It's essentially a sprint... short bouts of intensity with pauses between sets. Personally, I get bored of long cardio bouts, I need to do intervals or I know I won't be motivated to do it at all. The dopamine released in any kind of sprint is a great part, but seeing the results in the mirror and how women react to those results make it even sweeter. I don't give a **** what some people say about lanky being "in", I haven't seen it with the women I meet! That said, I purposely don't allow myself to bulk up too much. I rather like staying proportionate to my frame, finding OTR clothes that fit and being able to perform well in other disciplines like rowing and MMA (just started, OMG - 1,500 calorie workout is INSANE!). Injuries are another thing entirely, but you're right. I even work through the pain despite the fact that I know better. ******* sports injuries! It's going to suck when I hit 30... let alone 40. I can't really speak to the pro hormone stuff. I've tried Trib, ZMA and 6-OXO before... the Trib gave me wood, the ZMA put me to sleep and the 6-OXO didn't do anything at all as far as I could tell. I still take ZMA because what the hell, it's super cheap and I could use the vitamins and the good night's sleep, but the other stuff were absolute wastes of money. However, if I were older and waning Testosterone becomes an issue, I would look for and take something to remedy that! Screw aging gracefully. I want my star to burn brightest, I don't care if it burns longest.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Yes, if the only physical function you need is to lift heavy ****.

I used to love lifting, but at some point recognized that it isn't enough for life-long physical training and health on its own. Sure, it's great and even necessary, but maybe as 30-50% of your overall training, and not to a point where you're risking your spine and so on. I still absolutely believe that aside from being a highly-specialized pro-athlete (most of whom still cross-train in other disciplines), overall sustainable physical fitness should be the ultimate goal for any man.

Basically strength, endurance, stamina, reflexes and hand/eye coordination, toughness, etc. I have nothing against a pro lifter who can run a 10K and is a great basketball player for example, but I take equal issue with a both a skinny starved runner who has fucked up knees, and a bodybuilder who can't run a couple miles and has back problems as well as health issues from steroid abuse (nothing personal against you guys who use gear, i know it can be used safely in many cases and can sometimes helps. With regular prolonged use however, it does become incrementally more dangerous)

I hope that makes sense.

Your goals and his goals have nothing to do with each other. I believe Kunk lifts for size and strength and as a young guy he has a tremendous amount of latitude regarding he can do to his body and what it can accomplish. Specialization is best done when one is young.

I on the other hand, am in the back forty of life and have a very different aim. I care little about size (I would like to hang onto whatever strength I can), but my main goals are flexibility, power and leanness as these are the first to go with age.

lefty

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not unless you're a cat or horse

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not unless you're a cat or horse
They sell them on the back pages of Motor Trend magazine.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
Your goals and his goals have nothing to do with each other. I believe Kunk lifts for size and strength and as a young guy he has a tremendous amount of latitude regarding he can do to his body and what it can accomplish. Specialization is best done when one is young.

I on the other hand, am in the back forty of life and have a very different aim. I care little about size (I would like to hang onto whatever strength I can), but my main goals are flexibility, power and leanness as these are the first to go with age.

lefty

Like I said, specialization is fun, as long as you have a reason for it and realize the consequences. I absolutely give Kunk his props on achieving some badass results, but I am not sure if it's worth it as a long-term goal, and I am not sure if it's been healthy or how its going to affect him long term.

I am in kunk's age group, and I am already over going strictly after size above even strength.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Woot woot I got my popcorn and I am ready to watch the 400 pound military press video promised for Thursday!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
(proceed with excuse and insult)

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^recorded 515 bench and 425 row. will post once i figure out how

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
^recorded 515 bench and 425 row. will post once i figure out how

I will watch eagerly with my morning coffee and either eat my words or see a 1/4 rom bench with a deadlift spotter. No overhead press vids?!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
will do shoulders and bis tomorrow. get ready to fap

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads