1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

epaulet's house grey flannel is better IMO

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Their exclusive collection is so dope (Gitman and the rest of the stuff). Will any be on sale come Christmas time?

3. warrenjl1

warrenjl1 Senior member

Fairly sure they are the same. Even the one on the Barnery's site listed as wool and dry clean only is more than likely the one above.

4. 89andy

89andy Senior member

yep thats the "flannel" I'm referring to. And damn that union made indigo GV are NICE. It's too bad I already have an indigo chambray oxford. It would be kinda pointless to get another similar colour one..

5. Max_Yeah_True

Max_Yeah_True Senior member

6. Gruntle

Gruntle Senior member

[​IMG]
    GBV ran a fast one. Had my heart set on the new camo pattern but I guess this isn't too bad cause I looked everywhere for this shirt earlier and couldn't find my size.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  7. Feji

Feji Senior member

I've been following Unionmade and shopping from them for about 2 years now, and I don't recall any promo's that they've run online (I hardly remember any end of season sales also). They probably do run in store sales though.

8. Stagger Lee

Stagger Lee Senior member

Plenty of Gitman Vintage at 20% off at Stel's for the next few days. Visit our blog and or website for details. The promotion does not apply to the Gitman basic white, blue or grey oxford shirts.

9. max-t

max-t Senior member

the og camo is better than the one gv posted up as an exclusive anyway. glad i got one.

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ok yeah I've been to the store a few times but not recently. They do have stuff on sale I believe but not sure if their exclusive stuff would go on sale. Really like the peacoats.

Isn't their flat rate $10?

11. Max_Yeah_True

12. Max_Yeah_True

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  13. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

^ what size? you can add darts to it no? take it to a tailor to see what your options are.

14. Max_Yeah_True

medium, =\ i dont know about darts.. should i return? are gitman oxfords just not for me...?

15. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

^yeah, for some it just doesn't work out. the back looks pillowy or the bottom flares out a bit... if you can size down to a small, i'd try something else...

16. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

any tailor can slim the shirt down, either with darts or full body slimming along the side seam.

17. lovelux2010

lovelux2010 Senior member

i can wear an M in gitman, but is a bit big on me. in our legacy i can wear an M, body fits OK but neck too tight...in spellbound i wear a Large, i have not tried BoO, and am an M in LVC
    feel like i'm out of options for trying brands of button downs and casual shirts..may try to get some made up with spread collar rather then button down as i have not seen any bespoke shirts in button downs that look particularly good

18. Pepin

Pepin New Member

Hi guys! I was thinking of ordering the polka dot corduroy, but it seems the sizing differs from other gitman shirts. Has anybody here recomandations as to stick to regular size or size down? Looks as it's marked 23" pit to pit and the oxfords are 22 ".

19. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

Anyone have any experience or tried on the all expedition green shirt? Wanting to purchase but I'm wondering if it runs small....

20. dogatemyhw

dogatemyhw Well-Known Member

Gitman's site has a restock of overdyes as well as a lot of their patterned shirts (flag, dragonfly, etc)