Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

One thing I've noticed about the flare is that it's much more pronounced when the shirt is new and it tends to mellow out with time. Remember that the shirt has most likely been sitting around folded for quite awhile and people usually do their fit pics right away.

As far as the fit goes, GV shirts are pretty amazing in the fact that they look good on a lot of different guys... maybe 75% of the people who I see try them on. (I work at a shop that sells GV) and that's rare! Think about all the different body types out there... even within this typically body-conscious demographic.

Of course there are things that could be improved on the fit, but it really works well for the target customer. My opinion would be to change the balance between the front and back of the shirt. I feel like the front is a tad small for people with any kind of pecs, and the back is just a little too roomy for most. The balance could shift without changing the overall fit.

I think it's unrealistic for us to expect to get shirts off the rack that fit perfectly. Sometimes we can get lucky, but there is no shirt pattern that will fit everybody. In terms of fitting well for lots of guys, Gitman does a damn good job!

Interesting. There is some discussion in the BoO tread about how their shirts are well suited to guys with a V shaped body - I feel like GV handles that market poorly - to get the shoulders and the chest right you would need some serious weight suppression in GV shirts....

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

What do you mean by "weight suppression"?

3. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

What do you mean by "weight suppression"?

yeah sounds like some sort of NASA experiment - meant waist suppression.

4. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

What are some good sources for Gitman ties? I like the look of the ones on Acrimony, but can't find many other places that stock them...

5. palma

palma Senior member

Any chance of locating this khaki twill shirt in a M? [​IMG]

6. clemente21

clemente21 Senior member

7. palma

palma Senior member

Hi, Yeah I saw that at Acrimony. But, the one you pointed out is the Oxford, but I am after the twill one. Also, Acrimony only has S, I need M. http://www.shopacrimony.com/designer...ki-twill-woven I anybody has a worn one, that they don't plan on wearing please let me know. Thanks,

8. S-Town

S-Town Senior member

Does Acrimony's sizing seem WAY off on the Larges? There is no way in hell the Large oxfords measure 24.25.

9. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

lol at people affected by or complaining about gitman "tail flare" [​IMG]

10. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Does Acrimony's sizing seem WAY off on the Larges? There is no way in hell the Large oxfords measure 24.25.

call.....good people there. easy to ask a quick question..

11. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Might want to call them, I was in the store today and they had a stars and stripes in a small, even though it's not on their website.

12. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

When does Acrimony typically do their second stage of summer sales? I only ask because there are some pieces I am interested in but would love to get them at an even lower sale price since they are just sitting around collecting dust.

FYI - I asked about SF discounts and they said they don't provide any discount codes at the moment.

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

A/W 2011 is starting to roll in several sites (end clothing, uniongoods, acrimony and now...my favorite..TRES BIEN SHOP!!)

Kop'd this morning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still lookin for a few shirts....post stockists that get the new stuff in...pls...

14. max-t

max-t Senior member

where the zebras at

15. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

where's the XS at!