• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Hey guys, I've never purchased a Gitman shirt, but I wear a M in BoO, what is my recommended sizing? Also, would the white GV button down work as a dress shirt?

I think you'd be a small too like MSSneaker said the neck will be tighter.

I don't think it would work as a dress shirt with a suit. The white shirts are oxfords which are more for business casual. I think they will work well tucked in with khakis/chinos and maybe a tie, but not for more formal settings.

*#..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MSSneaker
Probably a small, though the Gitman is going to be tighter in the neck.
Originally Posted by Timbaland
I think you'd be a small too like MSSneaker said the neck will be tighter. I don't think it would work as a dress shirt with a suit. The white shirts are oxfords which are more for business casual. I think they will work well tucked in with khakis/chinos and maybe a tie, but not for more formal settings.
+1, but due to the small collars, I don't know how you could comfortably leave the top button done all-day long. The collar size is my main issue with gitman shirts, I wish they were bigger

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just tried some on today, and the sizing of each small seemed to vary. I tried a color-check one, and a plain white one, and the first fit perfect and the second I couldn't even button. WTF?!

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Gitman is kind of known to be inconsistent in sizing.

rdstour

Reaction score
What kind of Gitman shirt do I have? I recently came into possession of a white Gitman Bros. Oxford Shirt. Fabric is nice and thick and is labelled "TTX". Fit is very slim, which makes me doubt it's a mainline Gitman? There is a box pleat on the back, but no locker loop or back collar button. Label says "Gitman Bros." and below that, "Made in USA" Navy Blue background with Beige letters and a green outline around it. Like this:
tfp2_GitmanLabel_K.JPG
Labelled as size "M". Chest pocket has a stitched chevron type detail, a subtle "V" if you will fropm the top down 1/3 of the pocket.

Feji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by reedobandito
Just tried some on today, and the sizing of each small seemed to vary. I tried a color-check one, and a plain white one, and the first fit perfect and the second I couldn't even button. WTF?!

Generally, their oxfords are cut slightly smaller than their other shirts.

nemuine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Feji
Generally, their oxfords are cut slightly smaller than their other shirts.

Yeah, looking at the sizing chart for Context, on average, their oxfords seem to run smaller but even the white and pink oxfords vary in size of sleeve length and length. I wish they could at least keep the oxfords the same size.

BRMC_doves

Reaction score
Does anyone own this Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. Thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

2dkgzuu.jpg

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BRMC_doves
Does anyone own this Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me.

PM sent.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chiggah
any sales for gitman going on now ?
Barneys has a few things left in their sale. There's still some mediums left in there, but I only saw 1 small. The rest of the stuff is larger sizes.

chiggah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Timbaland
Barneys has a few things left in their sale. There's still some mediums left in there, but I only saw 1 small. The rest of the stuff is larger sizes.

Is this online?

I just bought 2 gitman oxfords from Needsupply with 10% discount

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it is online. Free ground shipping too. They charge sales tax if applicable though.

chiggah

Reaction score
Oh ok

Probably not good for me since I live in New Zealand

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads