Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Hey guys, I've never purchased a Gitman shirt, but I wear a M in BoO, what is my recommended sizing? Also, would the white GV button down work as a dress shirt?

I think you'd be a small too like MSSneaker said the neck will be tighter.

I don't think it would work as a dress shirt with a suit. The white shirts are oxfords which are more for business casual. I think they will work well tucked in with khakis/chinos and maybe a tie, but not for more formal settings.

2. *#..

*#.. Senior member

Probably a small, though the Gitman is going to be tighter in the neck.
    I think you'd be a small too like MSSneaker said the neck will be tighter. I don't think it would work as a dress shirt with a suit. The white shirts are oxfords which are more for business casual. I think they will work well tucked in with khakis/chinos and maybe a tie, but not for more formal settings.
    +1, but due to the small collars, I don't know how you could comfortably leave the top button done all-day long. The collar size is my main issue with gitman shirts, I wish they were bigger

3. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

4. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

Just tried some on today, and the sizing of each small seemed to vary. I tried a color-check one, and a plain white one, and the first fit perfect and the second I couldn't even button. WTF?!

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yeah Gitman is kind of known to be inconsistent in sizing.

6. rdstour

rdstour Senior member

What kind of Gitman shirt do I have? I recently came into possession of a white Gitman Bros. Oxford Shirt. Fabric is nice and thick and is labelled "TTX". Fit is very slim, which makes me doubt it's a mainline Gitman? There is a box pleat on the back, but no locker loop or back collar button. Label says "Gitman Bros." and below that, "Made in USA" Navy Blue background with Beige letters and a green outline around it. Like this: [​IMG] Labelled as size "M". Chest pocket has a stitched chevron type detail, a subtle "V" if you will fropm the top down 1/3 of the pocket.

7. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

any sales for gitman going on now ?

8. Feji

Feji Senior member

Just tried some on today, and the sizing of each small seemed to vary. I tried a color-check one, and a plain white one, and the first fit perfect and the second I couldn't even button. WTF?!

Generally, their oxfords are cut slightly smaller than their other shirts.

9. nemuine

nemuine Well-Known Member

Generally, their oxfords are cut slightly smaller than their other shirts.

Yeah, looking at the sizing chart for Context, on average, their oxfords seem to run smaller but even the white and pink oxfords vary in size of sleeve length and length. I wish they could at least keep the oxfords the same size.

10. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Senior member

Does anyone own this Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
    If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. Thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

[​IMG]

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Does anyone own this Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
    If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me.

PM sent.

12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

any sales for gitman going on now ?
    Barneys has a few things left in their sale. There's still some mediums left in there, but I only saw 1 small. The rest of the stuff is larger sizes.

13. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Barneys has a few things left in their sale. There's still some mediums left in there, but I only saw 1 small. The rest of the stuff is larger sizes.

Is this online?

I just bought 2 gitman oxfords from Needsupply with 10% discount

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yes it is online. Free ground shipping too. They charge sales tax if applicable though.

15. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Oh ok

Probably not good for me since I live in New Zealand