1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. coffeequeen

coffeequeen Well-Known Member

Don't mean to display my ignorance, but is there really any marked difference between the Vintage oxfords discussed here, and the #460 GITMAN model for sale at hugestore.com (heavyweight button-down, blue 100% cotton TTX -OXFORD)? Are the Vintage shirts made by a different branch or division of Gitman?

2. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

The Vintage shirts are made by the same people, but based on a much different cut. The blue oxford fabrics are probably identical, but the Vintage shirts are much, much trimmer fitting.

Don't mean to display my ignorance, but is there really any marked difference between the Vintage oxfords discussed here, and the #460 GITMAN model for sale at hugestore.com (heavyweight button-down, blue 100% cotton TTX -OXFORD)? Are the Vintage shirts made by a different branch or division of Gitman?

3. jselvedge

jselvedge Senior member

Some nice new summer Gitman on Context , only Ms tho.

4. dzynr78

dzynr78 Senior member

gitman vintage at 50% off @ jkleinbauer.com. they are from the "vintage" line. i already picked a couple up.

5. APK

APK Senior member

That includes the one I was fawning over when this thread was in its infancy. Unfortunately, they were down to the grandes by time I rolled around.

6. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Anybody know where I can get a white oxford in size small?

Thanks.

7. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Not a big fan, but if anyone's interested in Gitman Vintage, Bloomie's in SF has a lot of this stuff on sale plus an extra 50% off in the denim section.

8. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

Not a big fan, but if anyone's interested in Gitman Vintage, Bloomie's in SF has a lot of this stuff on sale plus an extra 50% off in the denim section.

wow, any short sleeve madras shirts?

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Yeah, in two colors. The one that's mostly greenish tan and the other in red, blue, etc I think.

10. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

Yeah, in two colors. The one that's mostly greenish tan and the other in red, blue, etc I think.

[​IMG]

im looking for this one!

can anyone do a pick up? pm please!

11. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

IIRC, the one I tried on had more reddish tones in it. Best thing to do is give them a call. I think that they do phone orders.

12. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Any white oxfords? Timpoblete.

13. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

Didn't take a close look as to whether they were oxford cloth, but they did have white buttondown collar shirts.

14. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

sorry to bug, timpo

this one ?

[​IMG]

15. timpoblete

timpoblete Senior member

16. thats.mana

thats.mana Senior member

Thanks Timpoblete, hopefully they still have some left when I'm in the City on Sunday.

17. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

Yeah thanks timpo. ordered one. not sure if it was that one above. the way he described it seemed like it. [​IMG]

18. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Senior member

^ How much were they?

I can try to check it out tomorrow after work hopefully, I can snap a phone pic if I go.

19. drewinnyc

drewinnyc Senior member

I love BoO for their fit - but the quality is pretty bad for how much they cost.

I had a few shirts copied from a BoO large at a custom tailor. 10x better with 1/2 the price.

honestly, as much as I like band of outsiders, it really bugs me that they can't sew their fucking buttons on right.

when I buy a $200 shirt I expect the buttons to stay on just as well as my $10 wal mart ones ..