Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. APK

APK Senior member

Keeping the medium isn't an option IMO. It might be a better overall fit than the large, but it's still too constricting and at that price you want it to fit perfectly. Either get the large and have it tailored, or return it and look for something cut better for you.

You're not a BoO model. You're a big guy and you don't need slim fitting clothes.

Agreed. Someone with your body composition isn't flattered by slim cut shirts. At these price points, the cut is one of the things you're paying for. The patterns are okay, but not the main reason the shirts carry these price tags. A buddy of mine got a shirt with a similar type pattern at a thrift shop for 75 cents.

2. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

nakedundermyclothes- It'd probably fit more proper if you didn't wear an undershirt. I still don't understand wearing an undershirt with buttonups like that.

3. Vashin

Vashin Senior member

I think what's throwing the fit off is that byou have big hands

4. APK

APK Senior member

nakedundermyclothes- It'd probably fit more proper if you didn't wear an undershirt. I still don't understand wearing an undershirt with buttonups like that.

That's a good point. Shirts like these have a real spring-summer vibe to them. Going shirtless or wearing a tank under this plays up that aspect. I also think you run a lower risk of looking like an unaware middle-aged/old man.

5. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I'm sure this stuff really works for some people but I don't see anything that someone else isn't doing at least as well. They must be pretty well represented though...they're getting the kind of love from the mainstream retailers that took Daiki Suziki years to achieve.

I think whether you love it or not is really going to be a question of whether
    their fit works for you or not...and as robin says, for most people, it's gonna be kind of boxy.

6. robin

robin Senior member

I wonder how many free shirts they sent out to bloggers in order to get all of the press.

7. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

8. cottonadam

cottonadam Well-Known Member

So they have discount for styleforum or superfuture right? I can't seem to locate it and they aren't answering their phone.

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

They aren't answering their phone because they probably aren't open yet.

10. cottonadam

cottonadam Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess not. Their hours say they open at 9 today so according to that someone should be there. I tried yesterday as well and couldn't get ahold of anyone when it said they were open. who knows..

11. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

those are GREAT looking shirts

12. robin

robin Senior member

13. kubrick555

kubrick555 Senior member

I tried on a small in the oxford and it just didn't fit right--way too loose still in the back. From the front, it looked like Blackbird's pics though.

Material and details were really nice, but I would've had to get it tailored.

Hyr collective has been hyping Gitman for weeks and now we see they are doing a collab. An obvious bias.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

I tried on a small in the oxford and it just didn't fit right--way too loose still in the back. From the front, it looked like Blackbird's pics though.

Material and details were really nice, but I would've had to get it tailored.

Same here. I tried on several of these. The shirt looked great in front but was a bit poofy in back. Sizing down resulted in short sleeves.

Very high quality shirts. They will be perfect for some people.

15. rolling green

rolling green Senior member

anyone know where this shirt can be had? [​IMG] Never mind I found it at fredsegal.