Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

I agree with most of your points. I think if I rolled the sleeves up more, like they do in the fit pics it would solve that problem. And yea it could be taken in a tad as well. Its the right size, it just doesnt fit my body perfectly without tailoring really.

2. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Senior member

I think the fit looks 100% fine. What do you think is off about it? Super slim shirts aren't always the answer.

I agree with most of your points. I think if I rolled the sleeves up more, like they do in the fit pics it would solve that problem. And yea it could be taken in a tad as well. Its the right size, it just doesnt fit my body perfectly without tailoring really.

Yah the shoulders fit real well I just think it needs the adjustments you mentioned..

Overall, real cool shirt. I hope they get a restock soon.

3. APK

APK Senior member

Anyone get the purple one? Interested in seeing how the color actually looks.

4. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

if im a steven alan reverse seam medium should i go with the medium in gitman?

5. APK

APK Senior member

Looks like Context got a (very) small restock on a couple sizes.

6. genericman

genericman Senior member

New shipment from Roden Gray...finally made the middle madras shirt in a l/s. KOP soon [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. APK

APK Senior member

I'm back to wanting the purple L/S number. I guess those photos elsewhere were just really BRIGHT.

8. nakedundermyclothes

Got my L/S gitman in a couple days ago. For reference, I'm 6 foot, about 180 lbs.

This is a size medium and seems to fit pretty well; however, I was thinking about returning it and getting a size large since the medium is a little too snug in the chest for my liking and maybe a tad too short in the sleeves. Any opinions?

Sorry for the wrinkles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. robin

robin Senior member

Exchange it for the large size.

10. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

LOL, fits like a band of outsiders shirt,...

11. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Something else isn't working there. I don't know if it's the pants or maybe you should try rolling up the sleeves. The whole look doesn't fit you IMO.

Edit- It's the pants. I love that shirt, but those pants bring out the dullness in it.

Edit again- Scroll up and look at the same shirt but with jeans bringing out the blue. Looks way better.

12. nakedundermyclothes

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily wear this shirt with khakis I just had a pair on when I took these pics. I was mostly looking for comments regarding the fit of the shirt. Thanks for the input. It seems like I'm gonna have to exchange it for a large...

13. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Don't exchange it. You're looking for only a fraction of the extra chest room that the next size up would actually give you. Plus the shirt fits well everywhere else.

14. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Don't exchange it. You're looking for only a fraction of the extra chest room that the next size up would actually give you. Plus the shirt fits well everywhere else.
    Keeping the medium isn't an option IMO. It might be a better overall fit than the large, but it's still too constricting and at that price you want it to fit perfectly. Either get the large and have it tailored, or return it and look for something cut better for you. You're not a BoO model. You're a big guy and you don't need slim fitting clothes.

15. genericman

genericman Senior member

^ +1

I think a large would fit better.