• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Brahv

Reaction score
do they make slim fitted shirts?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EricX
I bought a dark blue Gitman Vintage today, and it fits me the same as a BoO shirt does

I wear a Small Gitman Vintage and a Medium BoO. Not a chance these two companies fit the same in the same size. A medium BoO is actually short in length than a small GV, at least on the sides.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Quick question: are these season's shirts slimmer than in the past? I was having a look and the XL looks 1/2" to 1" slimmer than last season and a couple of seasons ago...

joz411no

Reaction score
What is the sleeve length on LS GV shirts? I have a couple of the SS GV and sport a large. I wear a medium in GB mainline casual shirts. I'm 16/34.

Thanks

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbhewee
Quick question: are these season's shirts slimmer than in the past? I was having a look and the XL looks 1/2" to 1" slimmer than last season and a couple of seasons ago...

Yes, I've noticed this as well, but only with the seasonal stuff, not your standard oxfords (blues, whites, reds, etc.).

Originally Posted by joz411no
What is the sleeve length on LS GV shirts? I have a couple of the SS GV and sport a large. I wear a medium in GB mainline casual shirts. I'm 16/34.

Thanks

Sleeve lengths run just between 25-26 inches between the Medium and Large sizes.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Cheers dude. Looks like I'm just gonna have to try them on...

satchelbmoore

Reaction score
just a quick note that blackblue in st. paul, mn got a shipment of gitman brothers vintage oxfords in white and blue. looking to scoop up some shirts and some hillside ties before they get snatched! www.blkblu.com

REParola

Reaction score
Would it be really heinous to add darts to a sz L white oxford I have? It fits in the shoulders and is tight in the neck but is still baggy in the body.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more than one person has darted their gitman shirt.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No question GBV (not the band) are excellent shirts, and were the arms slightly longer I'd actually own some. But, for the same price you can find comparable quality options that are slimmer fitting off the rack, like W+H and Gant Rugger, as well as Wolf v. Goat. It's true that the former two are not made in the US, but unless you're getting a good price on a Gitman, paying another $12-20 to get it tailored seems a little silly. but that's just me....

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy
No question GBV (not the band) are excellent shirts, and were the arms slightly longer I'd actually own some. But, for the same price you can find comparable quality options that are slimmer fitting off the rack, like W+H and Gant Rugger, as well as Wolf v. Goat. It's true that the former two are not made in the US, but unless you're getting a good price on a Gitman, paying another $12-20 to get it tailored seems a little silly. but that's just me....

Actually, I think there's a lot of question whether GBV are excellent shirts. I happen to think they're mediocre and overpriced, so unless you're getting a very good price I wouldn't bother.

Just my 2 cents.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fight[1].gif

Kidding. I don't have a really strong opinion, but from my examinations and others' experience, they seem quite well made, and in the US. The fit, however, seems really odd to me, so I don't own any.

Everyone's mileage may vary...

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
Actually, I think there's a lot of question whether GBV are excellent shirts. I happen to think they're mediocre and overpriced, so unless you're getting a very good price I wouldn't bother. Just my 2 cents.
I own dozens of shirts that run the gamut, and each of my Gitmans is among my favorites. Where are the questions regarding quality?

Psydelik

Reaction score
After trying on about a billion shirts the other day, I realized I'm in between a medium and a large in Gitman, which is infuriating and an xl in BoO is snug. Goddamnit, Sternberg! Make clothing for normal sized people! haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads