Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Brahv

Brahv Active Member

do they make slim fitted shirts?

2. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I bought a dark blue Gitman Vintage today, and it fits me the same as a BoO shirt does

I wear a Small Gitman Vintage and a Medium BoO. Not a chance these two companies fit the same in the same size. A medium BoO is actually short in length than a small GV, at least on the sides.

3. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

do they make slim fitted shirts?
    Yes. Not as slim as BoO, but they're slim.

4. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Quick question: are these season's shirts slimmer than in the past? I was having a look and the XL looks 1/2" to 1" slimmer than last season and a couple of seasons ago...

5. joz411no

joz411no Senior member

What is the sleeve length on LS GV shirts? I have a couple of the SS GV and sport a large. I wear a medium in GB mainline casual shirts. I'm 16/34.

Thanks

6. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

Quick question: are these season's shirts slimmer than in the past? I was having a look and the XL looks 1/2" to 1" slimmer than last season and a couple of seasons ago...

Yes, I've noticed this as well, but only with the seasonal stuff, not your standard oxfords (blues, whites, reds, etc.).

What is the sleeve length on LS GV shirts? I have a couple of the SS GV and sport a large. I wear a medium in GB mainline casual shirts. I'm 16/34.

Thanks

Sleeve lengths run just between 25-26 inches between the Medium and Large sizes.

7. bbhewee

bbhewee Senior member

Cheers dude. Looks like I'm just gonna have to try them on...

8. satchelbmoore

satchelbmoore Well-Known Member

just a quick note that blackblue in st. paul, mn got a shipment of gitman brothers vintage oxfords in white and blue. looking to scoop up some shirts and some hillside ties before they get snatched! www.blkblu.com

9. REParola

REParola Active Member

Would it be really heinous to add darts to a sz L white oxford I have? It fits in the shoulders and is tight in the neck but is still baggy in the body.

10. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

more than one person has darted their gitman shirt.

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

No question GBV (not the band) are excellent shirts, and were the arms slightly longer I'd actually own some. But, for the same price you can find comparable quality options that are slimmer fitting off the rack, like W+H and Gant Rugger, as well as Wolf v. Goat. It's true that the former two are not made in the US, but unless you're getting a good price on a Gitman, paying another $12-20 to get it tailored seems a little silly. but that's just me....

12. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

No question GBV (not the band) are excellent shirts, and were the arms slightly longer I'd actually own some. But, for the same price you can find comparable quality options that are slimmer fitting off the rack, like W+H and Gant Rugger, as well as Wolf v. Goat. It's true that the former two are not made in the US, but unless you're getting a good price on a Gitman, paying another $12-20 to get it tailored seems a little silly. but that's just me....

Actually, I think there's a lot of question whether GBV are excellent shirts. I happen to think they're mediocre and overpriced, so unless you're getting a very good price I wouldn't bother.

Just my 2 cents.

13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

[​IMG]

Kidding. I don't have a really strong opinion, but from my examinations and others' experience, they seem quite well made, and in the US. The fit, however, seems really odd to me, so I don't own any.

Everyone's mileage may vary...

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Actually, I think there's a lot of question whether GBV are excellent shirts. I happen to think they're mediocre and overpriced, so unless you're getting a very good price I wouldn't bother. Just my 2 cents.
    I own dozens of shirts that run the gamut, and each of my Gitmans is among my favorites. Where are the questions regarding quality?

15. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

After trying on about a billion shirts the other day, I realized I'm in between a medium and a large in Gitman, which is infuriating and an xl in BoO is snug. Goddamnit, Sternberg! Make clothing for normal sized people! haha