Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. intrinsik76

intrinsik76 Active Member

If anyone is looking for a Inventory Items x Gitman Vintage shirt(s) in size large, PM me. I have a blue chambray, navy oxford, and blue/black tattersal to get rid of. All in excellent condition.

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

should i wash my brandnew gitman oxfords before taking them to the tailor or is shrinkage only minimal/pre-washed?

I'm not a Gitman expert, but washing before tailoring is always a good idea.

3. 2344fgh

2344fgh Senior member

If anyone is looking for a Inventory Items x Gitman Vintage shirt(s) in size large, PM me. I have a blue chambray, navy oxford, and blue/black tattersal to get rid of. All in excellent condition.

What's special about the Inventory X Gitman collab, the cut?

4. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

I'm not a Gitman expert, but washing before tailoring is always a good idea.
    shoque: the gitman vintage shirts are washed and dried in a industrial machine before they are shipped out. so you wont get anymore shrinkage when you wash/dry. but it always a good idea to wash after getting back from the tailor. context posted an interesting article a while page with the designer of the vintage line...it has some really good stuff in it. scroll down toward the bottom of the page to view the article. http://www.contextclothing.com/eye_to_eye.php

5. intrinsik76

intrinsik76 Active Member

What's special about the Inventory X Gitman collab, the cut?

The cut, choice of fabrics, and some subtle details. No Box pleat in back, different gusset cut, refined shape/silo, and red back of neck button hole.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^ do they fit appreciably different than the regular Gitman? I take an M in those, but the arms are short for me. Do your larges fit notably slimmer, or just slightly so?

7. whatever123

wow really? the arms length on my gitman vintage shirts are a little long. not enough to be a deal though. the only real issue i have with gv's is the shoulder width, they are cut just a little large for my taste. but i deal with it cause of the construction, unique patterns, etc.

to the sizing questions: i wear a medium in gv (non-flannel) and it is very similar to jcrew's "fitted" medium. the crew is actually a little larger in the body (mainly toward the bottom), but everything else is very similar.

8. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if GBV are doing flannel again this year? There was a red/blue flannel they made last year that was just unbelievable, by the time I got around to it they were sold out. Never seem them on the B/S forum either.

9. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

wow really? the arms length on my gitman vintage shirts are a little long. not enough to be a deal though. the only real issue i have with gv's is the shoulder width, they are cut just a little large for my taste. but i deal with it cause of the construction, unique patterns, etc.

to the sizing questions: i wear a medium in gv (non-flannel) and it is very similar to jcrew's "fitted" medium. the crew is actually a little larger in the body (mainly toward the bottom), but everything else is very similar.

I wear a medium in J.Crew as well (6'3", 180). I love the Gitman fabrics and construction, but the fit is always a but troublesome. The sleeves aren't crazy short, but i'd like them to longer for a shirt that could conceivably be worn w/ a sportcoat and tie. And I agree that the shoulders run a bit large.

I was more curious how much different the Inventory shirts were in fit than the regular ones.

10. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

11. hobojones

hobojones Senior member

Does anyone know if GBV are doing flannel again this year? There was a red/blue flannel they made last year that was just unbelievable, by the time I got around to it they were sold out. Never seem them on the B/S forum either.

Yeah, they are doing flannels again this year. Off the top of my head, I know that there's this on shoppenelopes. But I'm sure there are more elsewhere.

12. whatever123

I wear a medium in J.Crew as well (6'3", 180). I love the Gitman fabrics and construction, but the fit is always a but troublesome. The sleeves aren't crazy short, but i'd like them to longer for a shirt that could conceivably be worn w/ a sportcoat and tie. And I agree that the shoulders run a bit large.

I was more curious how much different the Inventory shirts were in fit than the regular ones.

yeah, they do have a little bit of a strange fit. but the patterns and construction make up for my lack of shoulders [​IMG] i know someone above said the inventory shirts were a little different but i havent been able to confirm. its such a popular fit you would think they wouldnt change much...but i dont know.

13. whatever123

in addition to what hobo mentioned, below you will find a link to a gold/green and plaid flannel. these guys usually have one of the best selections ive come across. i also searched the gitman vintage website and their still showing the summer/spring stuff. http://www.contextclothing.com/brand...hers%20Vintage

14. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

southwillard has a bunch

15. Edicron

Edicron Well-Known Member

southwillard has a bunch

Awesome, done deal. Thanks.