• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

acw816

Reaction score
finally got the violet chambray. lovin this shirt
newsale048-1.jpg

spencers

Reaction score
still trying to find the Oxford in Red in size small or extra small. nobody seems to have it!

5tan

Reaction score
How do the gitman shirts fit in compairison to say JCrew shirts?
I'm thinking about picking up a shirt or two online and want to make sure the shirts fit well.

Thanks

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Context clothing has measurements on their site for the Gitman shirts. They are definitely slimmer than J Crew.

5tan

Reaction score
great, thanks for the heads up.

much appreciated.

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether Gitman has made a shirt that looks like the Inventory sample chambray? http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11354

If so, where can I get it? and if not, WHY???

ended up grabbing the chambray from Inventory but can't get over the shine effect, and have only used it once...Up for grabs (size M) if anyone's interested...

Simontuntelder

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Idiosyncratic Fit
Does anyone know whether Gitman has made a shirt that looks like the Inventory sample chambray? http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11354

If so, where can I get it? and if not, WHY???

ended up grabbing the chambray from Inventory but can't get over the shine effect, and have only used it once...Up for grabs (size M) if anyone's interested...

Why don't you wash it a couple of times? That should get the initial shine out of the fabric.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Simontuntelder
Why don't you wash it a couple of times? That should get the initial shine out of the fabric.

Yeah, it's had one wash and some of the shine is gone. Not hating on the shirt, great fit and details (as with anything from the guys at Inventory) but still prefer the lighter toned version and can't seem to embrace it like it deserves. The navy version is spot on though.

ispace

Reaction score
For those of you in Sydney, Robby Ingham in Oxford Street, Paddington now stocks GBV shirts @ A$235.

B.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Gitman Vintage in white, size large if anybody knows where I can find one.

EDIT: NVM, just bought one at Winn Perry. Awesome.

bbhewee

Reaction score
Sorry to dig out an old thread, but does anyone know if Gitman Vintage does a XXL?

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can still get the violet chambray in an M?
frown.gif

nomad

Reaction score
How much shrinkage can I expect after the first wash?

Henryyy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nomad
How much shrinkage can I expect after the first wash?

Minimal.

After the first wash on my gitman shirts, I could barely see/feel the difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads