Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. BlackToothedGrin

BlackToothedGrin Senior member

I can confirm the Gap outlet x Gitman Collab. I own the Gitman version and almost shit a brick when I saw it in the store. It is the same pattern, but made of different material and has a point collar vs button down. I have a phone pick but haven't downloaded to my computer. If there is interest, I can post it.

2. Brassmonkeyart

Brassmonkeyart Member

Please do. I have been in contact with the people at Gitman inquiring about the situation, so it would be helpful if I could send it over to them if you wouldn't mind.
    Thanks.

3. BlackToothedGrin

4. Brassmonkeyart

Brassmonkeyart Member

Thanks for posting that man. I appreciate it.

5. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

Here it is

holy shit its real.

6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

wow what the hell more detailed shots maybe but i have that same shirt and the color looks pretty close. thats messed up its like what $40 there too? lol.

7. blynch

blynch Senior member

Why do people care if gap makes a shirt in the same pattern? I'm guessing the gap shirt fits like a tent, has crappy buttons, and the fabric is probably of lesser quality.

I don't see anyone complaining at gap for making blue oxfords...

8. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

wait... gap makes blue oxfords!?!

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Just got my first two Gitman Vintage shirts in the mail, and wow. Simple white and blue ocbds, but man am I glad I sold my BoO shirts to get these. Sleeves are a tad short, but the collar and the material can't be beat.

10. Brassmonkeyart

Brassmonkeyart Member

Why do people care if gap makes a shirt in the same pattern? I'm guessing the gap shirt fits like a tent, has crappy buttons, and the fabric is probably of lesser quality.

I don't see anyone complaining at gap for making blue oxfords...

I understand your point about the quality, but when I pay that kind of money for a decent quality shirt I like to think a few things are going to happen here. First, it is a good looking and decent quality shirt. Second, the average Joe won't pay the kind of money I spend on clothes to obtain it if they like what they see. Third, it might be a limited run or hard to come by, so not every jackass will be walking down the street with it.

I wouldn't even care if it was shirt I bought 5 years ago and Gap is now using the pattern because chances are I might not being wearing it now, but the fact that I just purchased it this season is ridiculous.

11. ispace

ispace Senior member

That's embarrassing for Gitman if it is the same fabric.

12. BlackToothedGrin

That's embarrassing for Gitman if it is the same fabric.

They aren't the same fabric. The Gitman feels different, thicker, and almost like a seersucker. The Gap feels like a shirt from the gap, thin as hell. I think the most likely scenario is that Gap blatantly copied Gitman's design.

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

i own multiples of both gitman and boo shirts. gitman = the sleeves aren't as slim, boo = a tad bit too short in shirt length.

14. tizim

tizim Well-Known Member

Just got my first two Gitman Vintage shirts in the mail, and wow. Simple white and blue ocbds, but man am I glad I sold my BoO shirts to get these. Sleeves are a tad short, but the collar and the material can't be beat.

Do your blue and white obcds fit differently? I had the grey in M which fit fine, then I got the white in M and it fits significantly smaller! Why would you do such a thing, Gitman?? So now I gotta return it and look for a white in L which is now sold out everywhere gahgahgah so frustrating!

15. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

this isn't my first gitman shirt but i got the grey chambray and its missing the hole to button the sleeve on the right arm. i expect loose threads and what not but missing a hole? lol.