Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

finall got to try on (and see) some gitmans in person @ Barneys today... and

Review: very dissapointing. Dont really see what all the praise is about, they are quite ill fitting (at least if you are my height of 6'1". I tried on 3 just in case the first one was a mistake and they all looked like shit, plus the quality doesnt seem all that great, granted its only a $130 shirt but still, the way every one talks about them on here you'd think they are the second coming.

Also I have heard a while back (and prob. mentioned on here) that Gitman makes the shirts for Thom Browne, not sure if this is true but the Ditman vintage no where even comes close to touching the Thom Browne shirts in, cut, materials or quality. There is my 2 cents, just happy I didnt order one without seeing in person first!

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

i tried on the regular non-gitman vintage shirts at saks yesterday and size is exactly the same as vintage shirts. on sale too. $107.

3. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

4. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Our Inventory collaborations with Gitman should be at HQ this week and online shortly after. Looking forward to these ones. http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11354

Ry'on - Interesting collab. These look nice. What type of buttons are used for your collab pieces?

5. Ry'on

Ry'on Senior member

We just used the synthetic pearl on the navy oxford and the chalk buttons on the chambray.

I haven't had enough time to really get into button shopping - so they are pretty standard Gitman - just wanted the chalk on the chambray.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I love the contrast stitiching on the chambray, Ryan.

7. JRyder

JRyder Senior member

drafted into the oregon woods, an indentured serva
    The contrast stitching is great, I am curious what is the intended purpose of the altered gusset. I have the original hYr soft red oxford from this past spring and while I love it, I find that I am perplexed by the gusset. There is such a contrast between the bottom and the top of the gusset. Is it meant to be tucked in (which I rarely do) or is it intended to be worn undone? Ry'on?

8. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

Anyone have any idea when the patterns for S/S will be released?>

9. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

Our Inventory collaborations with Gitman should be at HQ this week and online shortly after. Looking forward to these ones. http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11354

The chambray in these photos--lighter chambray, dark contrast (navy?) stitching with chalk white buttons, button on chest pocket is freaking sweet.

The actual product--looks like much darker chambray, white contract stitching all around, no chest button makes this a much less cool piece.

I was looking forward to this based on the sample pics--the actual product is pretty plain and disappointing.

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

The chambray in these photos--lighter chambray, dark contrast (navy?) stitching with chalk white buttons, button on chest pocket is freaking sweet.

The actual product--looks like much darker chambray, white contract stitching all around, no chest button makes this a much less cool piece.

I was looking forward to this based on the sample pics--the actual product is pretty plain and disappointing.

I just took a gander at the finished product myself and I have to agree. The sample looked like a much more desirable piece at the higher price tag. And it does look like the collar roll is a bit off from the pics as the other member mentioned. Overall, it still appears to be a nice shirt, but it doesn't stand out for me.

11. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

I just took a gander at the finished product myself and I have to agree. The sample looked like a much more desirable piece at the higher price tag. And it does look like the collar roll is a bit off from the pics as the other member mentioned. Overall, it still appears to be a nice shirt, but it doesn't stand out for me.

The sample was indeed a much more desirable piece. I received my shirt today, and I found the fit to be better (slimmer) than my other Gitman shirts.

Oh, and in regards to sizing on the white oxfords, I have two white oxfords from Gitman Vintage. One is a regular, and the other is a pinpoint oxford. They are both tagged 14.5, but the pinpoint's fit is most similar to a size Small. The regular oxford's fit is much slimmer (too slim for me actually) with the p2p being 18", and the s2s being about 16". I might end up selling the regular oxford, as it's a little too small for me. shoot me a pm if you're interested

12. muffinman

muffinman Senior member

I received my inventory gitman in navy today. I must say it is by far my favourite gitman shirt. I prefer it to the white and blue oxfords I have. It is slightly slimmer at the waist and the custom gussets are a nice touch for wearing it out. I think it may also be a little shorter in the length of the body. The fabric feels very nice. This is one of my favourite shirts and well worth the money. Thanks ryan!

13. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Do people find that the plaids run the same as the oxfords?

14. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

edubs01,
    When it comes to shirts that are sized S,M,L,etc, the sizing is pretty much the same amongst plaids and ocbds. sizing gets tricky when the shirts are sized by neck size (14.5, 15, 15.5, etc)

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

I purchased a small OCBD and found it to be tight around the stomach region.
    Guess I will try a medium.
    For reference i wear a medium in RRL OCBDs...should the medium be ok?