• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the shoulders iirc.

Hobbs

Reaction score
I found a massive difference between M and L too. M was slightly tight around the chest but the L was then swimming on me.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
edit nm, misread measurements

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
From people's experience is there a hige difference between the s and m oxford shirts.
Awhile back i had purchased a s and it was tight. Is there going to be a drastic increase with the size m?
Thx

huge difference. Shoulders are way bigger, it's way longer, and it's a lot less slim.

cicero79

Reaction score
^^

Completely agree w/ size differentiation. Got a BNWT Gitman White Oxford in Small and tried it on to find shoulders a smidge to tight, arms just right and the waist area a little snug.

There is a fine line between perfectly slim and too tight. Tried the M in the Vintage Blue awhile back and it was just too large in comparison. A very significant size change between S and M. Looks like Epaulet is the only one that fits right so far.

dragonxking

Reaction score
There is a biiig difference in S and M imo. I have a 37 inch chest, and 29-30 inch waist and I'm 5' 8" at 155lbs.

I have the grey oxford from Gitman x h(y)R collab in a size Small, and a white oxford in size 14.5. The grey h(y)r, I found to be slightly thinner than the white oxford. I also found the white oxford to be a little bit more fitted (not a problem though). I don't know if there's a difference between 14.5, and Small. I've heard different things, from people saying it's the same, and Detour telling me 14.5 is slightly larger than a Small which I don't think is true. I have a plaid shirt in Small coming in the mail, so I'll let you know how sizing is on those. If you guys want, I can try to post fit pics when the plaid shirt arrives.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
inventory (formerly hyr) is dropping two new collabs with gitman ... a navy oxford and light blue chambray

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cicero79
^^

Completely agree w/ size differentiation. Got a BNWT Gitman White Oxford in Small and tried it on to find shoulders a smidge to tight, arms just right and the waist area a little snug.

There is a fine line between perfectly slim and too tight. Tried the M in the Vintage Blue awhile back and it was just too large in comparison. A very significant size change between S and M. Looks like Epaulet is the only one that fits right so far.

The smalls are perfect for my shoulders and the length is spot on, but the sleeves are too short and chest is too tight.

I've been thinking about emailing gitman and directing them to this thread as there seems to be a ton of people who would be gitman SMediums. Gitman does make a SMedium (tagged as a medium), but only in very limited styles (the chambray, and one striped oxford I got from blackbird)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
The smalls are perfect for my shoulders and the length is spot on, but the sleeves are too short and chest is too tight.

I've been thinking about emailing gitman and directing them to this thread as there seems to be a ton of people who would be gitman SMediums. Gitman does make a SMedium (tagged as a medium), but only in very limited styles (the chambray, and one striped oxford I got from blackbird)

Like all shirts, sizing won't fit all people's frames. Have you tried Gitman's tagged size 15 shirts?

dragonxking

Reaction score
first off, this is NOT A SALES POSTING
I currently own 3 Gitman Vintage Shirts:
The h(y)R x Gitman Grey Oxford in size Small,
Blue/Red Plaid in Size Small,
and a White Oxford in size 14.5

Supposedly, the 14.5 is equivalent to a size Small, however upon measuring my white oxford, I discovered that the pit-2-pit measurement was a little under 18 inches (which is why it was a bit more fitted than my other two Gitmans)! I don't know if this measurement is true of all Gitman size 14.5's however this is what I measured on my White Oxford. Neck size, and shirt length are consistent with my other two Gitman shirts. My other two Gitman shirts are true to Context's measurements (19 inches p2p).

4jkm84.jpg

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Like all shirts, sizing won't fit all people's frames. Have you tried Gitman's tagged size 15 shirts?

I havent tried the 15's. All my Gitmans, even the SMediums, are tagged medium.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for blue gitman vintage OCBD in size large.

blynch

Reaction score
I think it is common for all brands to have a big difference between Small and Medium, so it is always going to be hit or miss especially for slim fitting shirts as they are more particular. All companies should offer more size gradients, S/M/L just doesn't cut it, sure it will cost them a little more production wise, but it would be ideal for the customers.

Medium seems to fit me pretty well, but for some reason the last shirt I tried on at Saks was short in the sleeves. Mediums in gitman normal work for someone with 34" sleeves right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads