Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Senior member

^ I need a M white ox!

2. oshen

oshen Senior member

^ Winn Perry just received some Gitman restock today.

3. podpod

podpod Well-Known Member

The Roden Gray Shop-in-shop is a must checkout if you guys are in the Vancouver area. There's a great selection of shirts from Gitman Vintage.

4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

I emailed ryan at roden yesterday, and he said they are gonna do a blog update on gitman tomorrow.

5. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I thought that was the consensus too, and maybe it is for some of their shirts. The "slim" oxford I bought isn't very slim though. It's not huge, but it does need tailoring.

Which oxford did you get? I think they're quite slim at least for me and the fit is consistent with the plaid I posted earlier. Here's a fit pic of me in the white that I wore yesterday:

[​IMG]

excellent fit tonio28. for me personally, the only problem gitman vintage has is the length of the shirt. an inch or two shorter and it would be perfect for me.

What's your height daft? I thought they are a bit longer than I'd like perhaps for wearing casually untucked, but I think the slimness of their fit balances that out. If they were like a classic/loose fitting cut with that length, then I'd agree. Besides, when they're tucked they're spot on for me I think.

After tailoring, taking in the sides and darting:

The cut for me isnt all that great, I think my tailor just followed the original cut and took in a consistent 1 inch from each side.

Wow. You did all that to this shirt and it still has that fit? Did you order a size too big to start? If not, then it sounds like these just aren't for you or your tailor didn't really do that much to get the specs your looking for.

6. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Picked up two of these tonight from Roden Gray (I was specifically after the basic blue oxford, but also wound up getting a plaid).

Met Rob and Mike. Good guys and a fine operation. I've concluded that Gitman Vintage fits me better than just about any other brand without tailoring.

7. videogeek

videogeek Senior member

Which oxford did you get? I think they're quite slim at least for me and the fit is consistent with the plaid I posted earlier. Here's a fit pic of me in the white that I wore yesterday:

Got a light blue in Large from Carlton's: http://www.carltonsapparel.com/index...&categoryID=30

The shoulders, sleeves, and collar are all perfect... so I don't think an M would be better.

8. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Wow. You did all that to this shirt and it still has that fit? Did you order a size too big to start? If not, then it sounds like these just aren't for you or your tailor didn't really do that much to get the specs your looking for.

I ordered the size that would match up my neck and shoulders/sleeves.

The chest was too big, I am a weird fit for shirts. I think the problem is that I'm 6'3" and the shirt is too short. It starts flaring too soon.

9. ahk1979

ahk1979 Senior member

I ordered the size that would match up my neck and shoulders/sleeves.

The chest was too big, I am a weird fit for shirts. I think the problem is that I'm 6'3" and the shirt is too short. It starts flaring too soon.

I have the same problem with alot of off the rack shirts. I tried a Gitman on in medium and it was pretty huge in the chest and shoulders, but the right length in the body and arms. Small was too short, but right in the chest and shoulders.

I have the same problem with BOO.

Our Legacy shirts in small fit me perfect. Slim in the shoulder and chest but long enough in the arms. I think they are made for the tall skinny Swedes.

10. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

For me its different. I have a 36 chest and my s2s is 18" (I'm asian so I have a different build than all of you, I'm even a freak by asian standards as I'm 6'3"). Thus I have medium shoulders, a small chest, and the length of a XL shirt.

RRL shirts fit me, I buy then in large then slim them down. They are actually pretty good this way. Its major surgery though, I can only see myself doing it for a few core oxfords (white, blue, pink).

11. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Damn that's a pretty nutty stats.

I really want to try out some Gitman...but I'm between a small and medium. The Medium shoulder would be too big for me, and the Small might be tight around the chest... I might pull the trigger one day or soon..

12. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Actually BOO M would be perfect for me if it was longer. I have heard of long BOO's but have never seen them.

13. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

Damn that's a pretty nutty stats. I really want to try out some Gitman...but I'm between a small and medium. The Medium shoulder would be too big for me, and the Small might be tight around the chest... I might pull the trigger one day or soon..
    Yeah, exactly the same here. (I think we've mentioned that we're about the same size though) Seriously though, what's the deal with the huge jump in p2p between small and medium? 2 inches is pretty drastic..

14. hypostatic

hypostatic Well-Known Member

Just got my L oxford in from Context - it fits incredibly well, in fact, it's possibly the best fitting shirt I own. Unfortunately, it was described as 'red,' but anyone I've asked (before I even suggest a colour) says it's magenta/purple, or at best, pinkish/purple. I wanted red, and even called to confirm that it was! I don't want to go through the hassle of having to pay for shipping for the return, and then make a customs claim for the Canadian taxes... oh well, serves me right for ordering online.

As an aside, who makes the best red (striped or non) oxford?

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

Do all of the shirts fit pretty much the same from different fabric/pattern? Going by the measurements on Context I think I need to go with a medium, however for how slim everyone keeps saying these are, the Context medium measurements sound a bit large....

Tagged Size Shoulder to Shoulder Pit to Pit Sleeve Length Length

S 17 19 24.5 30
    M 18.5 21 25.5 31.5
    L 19.25 22.5 26 32