1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Chrisseander

Chrisseander New Member

Hi guys! I found this thread as i was starting to get a bit worried about the sizing of the shirts that i just ordered at end, i got myself 2 overdyed oxfords (navy and olive for the curious) in large.

i read different things everywhere about the sizing so im not sure what to think and id love to get some response from you even tho ill find out for myself in about a week or two. Im 6'1 at 190 lbs my chest measures 42 inches. Did i go for the right size?

thanks, :foo:

2. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

Yep large is good.

1 person likes this.
  3. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know a shop that has the black and white shirt with large Japanese texts characters all over? I can't remember the official name of the shirt.

4. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  5. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

Not often in sales, but worth checking eBay for. Just picked up a green Oxford for about £35. Looks pretty much brand new.

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

7. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Is the Gitman MTO sizing the same as the off the rack shirts? Or do they require specific measurements from you?

8. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

They go by neck sizing... essentially they have 'in-between' sizes too. I want to order one, but they don't post full measurements for each :/ and limited collar options

9. PersilVouchers

They're the same as the off the rack ones. So collar size Small fit the same as the size Smalls that I usually buy.

The have a size chart if you click on 'Help'.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. jajordan378

jajordan378 Senior member

Want to grab a couple of the seasonal flannel buttondowns. Does GV ever go on sale or is it worth it to just buy now?

11. prophet178

prophet178 Member

I bought a flannel during the last Mr Porter sale at the end of the season. I think it was down to 40% off.

1 person likes this.
  12. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

The official name was "sake crest." I found this page that appears to have XL for sale. If it's your size I'd contact Gitman to make sure it's the shirt you want.

13. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

Those will be on sale at some point. The best reason to buy now would be if you're worried about your size running out.

1 person likes this.
  14. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Is it just me or are the shoulder measurements huge for GV. a 19.75 shoulder for a 22.5 chest is too big IMO

15. PersilVouchers

Guess it depends how wide/narrow your shoulders are. I find them about right.

16. goldenbear

goldenbear Senior member

Agree. For that reason I'll pass at that price point. Just looks sloppy on my physique.

17. aquila49

aquila49 Senior member

I agree, these measurements looks screwy. I'm a medium with fairly wide shoulders and my best fitting shirts measure 18.0 across the shoulders and 22.0 at the chest.

18. tunneler

19. pvoytko

pvoytko Senior member

Looking For a proxy for the sample sale tomorrow
    Size large stuff
    Please pm me

20. tunneler

If this shirt is at the sample sale in medium or large I'll PayPal/Venmo someone to proxy it.