1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

the key collar they have, but I can't seem to find a key collar with buttons for MTO. They have the spub collar with buttons, but that is different.

I totally agree that the short ones look silly ( especially on XLs, which I wear). The key collar without buttons seems a little less out of place tho.

2. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

Yeah, they didn't technically offer them with the Hill-Side MTO but I emailed and asked and they did it for me.

But yeah, wish I hadn't. But the shirts are both in S so it's not super pronounced.

3. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Anyone familiar with the sizing on the GVxUnionmade Naturals collection . I recently picked one of these up on the bay and wondered how it ran compared to their other stuff. This shirt fits as perfectly as I could hope for thus I'm interested in some more of their stuff .Thanks ahead for any feedback

4. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

glad you liked my shirt ;) it fits like most other Gitmans. Overdye oxfords fit a bit smaller tho (not enough to size differently though)

5. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

Love the shirt I've been looking at GV for awhile but all the discussion around fit made me wary.At any rate they fit me fine in xl . A little long but I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine takes me @ 15 mins to cut and rehem if I don't have to change thread. Same with tapering but making em bigger uhh not so easy. :D

6. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

Anyone else have issues with button holes? Would this be consided a manufacuterer defect? Only wore the shirt a couple of times.... Repairable?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  7. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

That's happened to one of my shirts, and I'm pretty sure it's a defect. You should try emailing them. They replaced one of mine that had a similar problem.

8. JRS1979

JRS1979 Senior member

That exact same issue has occurred with my olive overdye oxford from minimal wear. Think I'll try emailing them too, suppose it's worth a try. It really shouldn't be happening at that pricepoint.

9. JChance

JChance Senior member

GV warehouse sale on its official website

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Finally got the blackwatch!

Now have the complete collection of 2011-2014

11. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Finally found the Indigo plaid in medium

12. boxdok

boxdok Senior member

Are the measurement accurate on the Gitman Vinatge website? 20.25 Shoulder length is huge. Most brands slim fir shirts are usually an 18.5

13. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

My shirts run smaller than the measurements listed but not by much.

14. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

I picked one up, too. Hoping it'll fit with the box pleat sewn down and / or the sides tapered.

You go with the round collar or standard BD collar?

I tried out the blackwatch in medium when Need Supply Co. had it in stock, and my recollection is that the whole thing fit small, shoulders included. I usually take around an 18" shoulder.

15. rusticchasm

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Standard, round collar was out of my size. Was it more than a size small or just snugger than normal?

17. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

IDK, to me it felt like it was about a half size small. I don't have a ton of experience with GBV since I usually have trouble with the sizing - short sleeves, boxy fit, low armholes, &c.

18. rusticchasm

i have the blackwatch- it runs very small. mine also has this strange high cut at the sides, kind of like a EG shirt...

19. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

ok now I'm really confused I finally pickd up a couple GVshirts xl both calls chest to be 24 " .fit great. now I go to the warehouse sale site all xl show chest to be 25.5" ????? Any one know what going on