1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

Definitely, I just haven't found a medium.

2. sleepsatfouram

sleepsatfouram Well-Known Member

The Japanese navy you're refering to is more like Japanese denim I suppose ? It is about as dark as a overdyed navy with shimmers of white (like how denim are).

My shirt button hole unravels but usually not before washing. Could it be that your shirt was a sample because GV did have their sample sale and samples usually have odd sizes and poorer built (hence they are samples).

3. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the the Japanese Denim shirt but I also ran across a Japanese Indigo that looked somewhat similar to the Overdyed. It is the only one I've seen close to the OD.

http://www.eastdane.com/japanese-in...1/1575327961.htm?folderID=28578&colorId=12560

I did not think of that. It very well could be a sample. He sent it with a Barneys tag but they do not say Gitman on it anywhere. Honestly I can deal with the sizing as long as I don't put on any more weight but the buttons falling off is a little upsetting. If I knew how to sew it wouldn't be that big of a problem but every button along the placket needs to be resewn.

4. sleepsatfouram

I've seen that too ! It does resemble the navy overdye but it isn't as dark in real life. Unfortuantely, the thing to consider about anything dyed is that it will fade overtime from washing. Some parts may fade faster (maybe because I live in a tropical country and I dry my clothes under the sun) especially around the collar and pit area which makes it awkward to wear.

Buttons falling off are pretty common on shirts. Learn how to sew and you'll be fine, it's not too difficult ;) There are a myriad of websites that will show you how. It'll just take some of your time mending them. I suggest you do that quickly before losing buttons.

As for my case, the buttonhole stitching unravels which is annoying because you can't really fix it. It is quite a common thing for me as two or three of my GV's have that problem. Anyone else have that problem ?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  5. sleepsatfouram

6. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Senior member

Anyone have the patchwork shirt from this season and can comment on the hand/quality of it? Also, how's that quilted shirt? Thanks

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  7. irbe

irbe Senior member

Curious too about the patchwork shirt as I see it on sale everywhere with a decent size run. Guessing its the style that is turning off people...

8. sleepsatfouram

Quilted ? Is the the windbreaker shirt that you are referring to ? If yes, I just bought the burgundy one online and will update after using it for a bit

9. sleepsatfouram

Pretty and versatile piece IMO. Would buy if the prices fall further. It real life it is a patchwork print on twill/denim like fabric so there's nothing much to talk about except visual fanciness.

10. LitterBug

LitterBug Member

Anybody know the difference between Gitman Brothers and Gitman Brothers Vintage?
    I found one post describing that the GBV line has an more American design, but other than that - nada.

11. end3r

end3r Member

Any galleries that we can view S/S15 prints?

12. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Kind of a "prep" staple but most would probably find it too jarring.

What also might turn people off is it's a patchwork print and not actual patchwork fabric.

1 person likes this.
  13. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

just ordered a couple S/S numbers from in small from mr porter. time will tell if they're a shrunken or a regular fit! i'm hoping for the latter..

14. p.lapaine

p.lapaine Member

15. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

1 person likes this.
  16. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Damn, someone beat me to the only shirt I wanted. Anyone know another store carrying the sake crests shirt?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Gbv is a slim fit while gb is very loose

18. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

Did anyone pick up the Daisy Cord shirt? Measurements seem quite wide. Thinking of sizing down.

19. gululv

gululv Senior member

Do you think End will get more stock of a Gitman oxford that already sold out in my size? I got the wrong size on the sale, and considered getting a bigger one, but now its gone at full price as well.

20. ferrari909

ferrari909 Well-Known Member