1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. sleepsatfouram

sleepsatfouram Well-Known Member

They look fine to me. Your shoulder fitting looks alright to me and the length and sleeves looks great.

I usually do not button the two top buttons so I do not have that X pulling effect (green circle) like you do.

Go try on a size M and if sizes S & M isn't to your liking, I'd go with Peter1 and suggest you return it.

2. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'd keep it though! Looks good.

3. Tsujigiri

Tsujigiri Senior member

I think it looks fine on you. The correct shoulder fit isn't an exact thing, but I'd rather have the shirt tend towards too small in the shoulders than too big. I have a couple shirts that fit smaller than that and it works for me. For reference, I also wear a size small in GBV, and my stats are:

Collar: 14.5-15"
    Chest: 36-38"
    Waist: 30-32"
    Height: 5'9"

I think GBV fits tightest in the chest for me, but only if I lift my arms to the sides. Something about the way they cut the arm holes. It hasn't been a problem in practice for me.

4. JChance

JChance Senior member

End clothing has a 15% off sale code ALLGONE, thoughts on grabbing those collab GV colors or wait for further drops?

1 person likes this.
  5. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

any guys here fall between sizes?

i'm a skinny 6'0 guy, with otherwise 'small' proportions. size small, for the most part, is a tad tight (chest and overall length particularly - sleeves are bang on), but the jump to medium in GV seems to be big.. from an 18" chest to 21", apparently.

should i go ahead at source some mediums? can't help but feel they'll be billowy in the body and too long in the arm. killer.

6. PersilVouchers

PersilVouchers Well-Known Member

I work with a guy who had a similar issue. He tried the Made To Order service and it worked well for him.

7. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

8. whyme?

whyme? Senior member

thanks for the info but damn, made to measure is exxy.

is there any rhyme or reason to the GV sizing discrepancies or is it on a shirt by shirt basis? i have a two lightweight zephr's from this season in small and one measures a good inch or so larger in just about every dimensions.. the other one i fear fits more like a regular GV small.. which is, alas, too small on me.

9. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

Some GV on the union made sale right now

10. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

11. sleepsatfouram

sleepsatfouram Well-Known Member

Working in the industry before this, it happens to a lot of brands. Here are my 2 cents.

There are a two significant factors that affect size inconsistencies and are quite common.

One is fabric shrinkage.

Second is, when constructing a shirt, no two hands will measure and sew the shirt the same therefore the size inconsistency. Usually brands will allow a margin of error (depending on what the brand deem fit).

e.g Let's say a brand allows a 3/4" allowance (margin of error) on measurement pit to pit. A shirt that is made is supposed to measure 19" pit to pit but measured 19 3/4". It will be considered OK !

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Will there be additional price breaks or do they usually sell out right away?

Also, has Gitman made the sizing more consistant from spring/summer to fall/winter? All these shirts seems to have the same pit to pit measurements for my size (small 19.5") when I distinctly remember the fall/winter shirts being up to an inch slimmer than the spring summer shirts.

13. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

i bought a shaggy flannel a year or two ago and its a bit tight on the last button (always has been)

i bought the portugese flannel this year and they fit wonderfully- do you think if i bought another shaggy flannel this year it would fit better?

14. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

I just bought what I believe to be as a Navy Overdyed Gitman shirt. The tag does not say for sure but it came from Barney's. The seller said it was new and unwashed. Does anyone happen to know if the Navy runs smaller than the olive and black overdyeds ? It fits but seems to be about half a size smaller. All three overdyed that I own are size medium. Thanks

15. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Senior member

i have one of those but from needsupply. i thought it ran GTTS (gitman true to size)

16. CJ23

CJ23 Well-Known Member

That's odd. I suppose Gitman only makes one dark navy like that. The only other one I've seen is the Japanese navy on Eastdane but it seems a little brighter. I do not believe it has been altered but maybe I'm wrong.

Also all of the buttons are unraveling before the first wash. Has anyone had any problems with the buttons lately ?

17. prisonstrength

prisonstrength Senior member

Anyone know where the best price might be on overdyes in black/red/olive in large right now?

18. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

My Navy overdye is my slimmest of my many GBV shirts. Its the only overdye I have though

19. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior member

[​IMG]

Someone help me find this in a medium, please.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

There's got to be easily a few places selling that for $90.