• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

mike1445

Reaction score

Fall/Winter 2012
gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-02.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-03.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-04.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-05.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-06.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-07.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-08.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-09.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-11.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-12.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-13.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-14.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-15.jpg

gitman-brothers-fall-winter-2012-16.jpg

Still a bunch to come out in the next drop, boy scout, dirty campers, and what Im waiting for; buffalo and maybe glen plaid if I can see stretching for two. Also just checked SW to look at the ticking stripe and really liked the flecked charcoal, only my size is left....

ThomSquared

Reaction score
That natural ticking stripe that South Willard has is actually the striped Japanese Blue that you see in the 6th picture above, they were the only stockist so far to get the natural color through, great shirt in person. Also Mike, I would jump on that flecked charcoal as it is gorgeous in person and the fabric is unlike anything I've owned by Gitman, that XL is literally the last one they have and they aren't making anymore.

ThomSquared

Reaction score

^This. Someone posted a link to a European stockist that had it maybe a month ago, but I can't seem to find that post anymore.

END was the only place to somehow get the buffalo plaid camp shirt really early, it should be coming in everybody's phase 2 shipment of the fall collection along with the boyscout shirts and the glen plaids.

mike1445

Reaction score
Damn, didn't even see it come up on End. Will have to catch it elsewhere, might verywell grab that flecked charcoal after wprk

Buzzaround

Reaction score
Thanks much, for Kensington's re-post, mike1445. There are some beautiful shots in there!

And thanks for the info on the ticking stripe shirts, ThomSquared. Though I'm always partial to blue shirts, something about the one at South Willard has really piqued my interest.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That natural ticking stripe that South Willard has is actually the striped Japanese Blue that you see in the 6th picture above, they were the only stockist so far to get the natural color through, great shirt in person. Also Mike, I would jump on that flecked charcoal as it is gorgeous in person and the fabric is unlike anything I've owned by Gitman, that XL is literally the last one they have and they aren't making anymore.
What do you wear the flecked charcoal shirt with? It's grey and I don't have anything in my garderobe that is grey, except for a pair of jeans. I can't get it for $90, used, which is a little bit too much for an used shirt.

mike1445

Reaction score
i was hooked on the idea of a grey oxford shirt for a while but the color was always just a bit too close to a light blue oxford that I didn't even feel like I was wearing blue but that my eyes were playing tricks on me. I like the idea of this because its got a greater contrast in the light and dark threads then the flecks add a little character. I think with denim or duck canvas colored khaki would both be good basic looks

racknac

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find a Japanese Navy Pindot in size Medium?

mike1445

Reaction score
Check epaulet, they make one with the same material. you may need to size up with them. I got a xxl and it fits like a snug xl after a wash.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between the oxford shirts' fabrics? I have one fine-striped OCBD from MrPorter and one plain coloured ecru shirt from MyHabit. The ecru shirts itches like hell, while the fine-striped shirt from MrPorter is soft against the skin.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any difference between the oxford shirts' fabrics? I have one fine-striped OCBD from MrPorter and one plain coloured ecru shirt from MyHabit. The ecru shirts itches like hell, while the fine-striped shirt from MrPorter is soft against the skin. 

Yeah, the difference is that many of the MyHabit shirts were ****.

aizan

Reaction score
not sure what happened, but an "all-american" sale appeared and disappeared on myhabit just now. gitman vintage, billy reid, and gant were going to be in it. fail.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it just old Gitman stock from the previous sale? Most shirts are gone at least in SM / MEDIUM

mike1445

Reaction score
a few new guys up on the Gitman Vintage site as AW12 web exclusives, I dont the vertical aztec, white ox-deer is mehm the ox-deer grey is my favorite of the three but not spending any money on these...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads