Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. djh

djh Senior member

I have an oxford for sale as well... I got it from Carltons, size L. The pit to pit is around ~23, so I'd say they fit bigger than context measurements.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

^^You got a BoO? Crazy, boo always looks like cropped midget wear to me.. any pics of you wearing it?

I posted a pic in WAYWT at some point, I think. I can post another later this week. I would think BoO would be too short for you, but it's fine for me at 5'10."

3. APK

APK Senior member

When you guys who ordered the latest wave of shirts start getting them, some fit pics would be nice. Also some opinions on coloring since there's such a drastic difference from site-to-site.

4. nakedundermyclothes

nakedundermyclothes Senior member

If I take an XL in Boo and like a M in J Crew I'm assuming I'm gonna have to go with a M in Gitman?

5. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

these look really fitted and nice on the Oak website, i'm wondering if they used trickery.

6. blank

blank Senior member

these look really fitted and nice on the Oak website, i'm wondering if they used trickery.

I wouldn't call it trickery, but every photoshoot of all time pins and tailors garments on fit models or mannequins.

... ...

... ... ...

7. poodlerock

poodlerock Senior member

I have 6 or 7 of these shirts now (all long sleeved), and I'm very happy with them. They do fit a little looser than BoO (a BoO large fits snugger than a Gitman medium up high, at least on me), and are longer. I'm not sure what I think about the longish short sleeves on the shirts up on Context and Blackbird right now--might look funny on a lot of guys (including me).

In my opinion, the fabric and fit are both top-notch . . .

8. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Senior member

These look great - but they're so expensive! I've picked up both Rogues Gallery madras short sleeves as (relatively) poor man's madras alternatives (they're $75 each) .... but there's no denying that the Gitman patterns are better. Anyone else found any other good alternatives?

9. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Senior member

i heard something about how gitman makes or used to make all of thom browne's shirts.

10. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I have wanted to grab one but I am also worried about the fit/sizing.. I am 6'1" 185 lbs. so the Xl BoO looks pretty shitty on me... I have had the worst time trying to find some nice casual shirts, BoO sizing makes me look like a grown man trying to wear a young boys shirt, Steven Alan shirts are just cut horrible.... I need to find a place around Boston to try these on...

11. Willy Nilly

Willy Nilly Well-Known Member

I have wanted to grab one but I am also worried about the fit/sizing.. I am 6'1" 185 lbs. so the Xl BoO looks pretty shitty on me... I have had the worst time trying to find some nice casual shirts, BoO sizing makes me look like a grown man trying to wear a young boys shirt, Steven Alan shirts are just cut horrible.... I need to find a place around Boston to try these on...

I hear this often but find that a BoO Large fits me fine, quite well even. I am 6'2" 170 lbs. Maybe the difference is short torso/long inseam. Haven't tried on a Gitman yet.

12. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I hear this often but find that a BoO Large fits me fine, quite well even. I am 6'2" 170 lbs. Maybe the difference is short torso/long inseam. Haven't tried on a Gitman yet.

It could be the body type as well, I am 15 lbs. heavier and generally hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

13. adamha21

adamha21 Senior member

I'm 6'1 and 185 and I feel BoO in XL fits me great. I lift 5 days a week. I ordered a Gitman in Large btw. I want it to be more of a relaxed summer fit.

14. 95///M3

95///M3 Senior member

15. pg600rr

pg600rr Senior member

I'm 6'1 and 185 and I feel BoO in XL fits me great. I lift 5 days a week. I ordered a Gitman in Large btw. I want it to be more of a relaxed summer fit.

hm, maybe you were able to find a Tall XL?? did u try the gitman on prior to ordering??