1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the Geo Trees print was available anywhere other than the website?

When I emailed customer service they told me to search through their stockists. I went through all the US ones but I couldn't find anyone carrying it. Maybe there is a non-US store that bought it?

2. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

if anyone is tired of their cherry seersucker shirt in XL, I'd be more than happy to buy it!

3. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

Need Supply has some "pre-Fall" shirts.

4. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm hoping the La Mer print shirt pops up on their next warehouse sale. It's one of those shirts I'd love to have, but is so funky that I can't imagine paying full price. Seems to have sold out in M.

[​IMG]

I just missed out on the Japanese linen shirt on sale from Independence. But, that's probably ok. I already have three blue linen Gitman shirts.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

Do the overdyes fit bigger? my XLs usually have 24" pit to pit, but independence shows 26+" for the XL overdyes....

6. twofish

twofish Member

Thanks guys, nothing that really catches the eye atm. Hope they won't disappoint and XS don't go too fast this time.

7. kentpope

kentpope Senior member

I can't speak for the XL but I have a few ODs in small and they fit similar to the regulars OCBDs.

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Got my 1 gitman shirt per season.

9. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

All right then! What shirt is it? Got any pics? And do you plan to wear it on the 4th at a BBQ?

10. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Hah. Nope, not arriving until next week. It's just the boring blue madras shirt from this season. But fills a space in the wardrobe and I like me the shorter collars.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  11. StraitUpSuburbs

StraitUpSuburbs Active Member

Idk if you saw by now (probably have) but the Liberty for Gitman serires is on sale on Unionmade. I have the Rose print indigo chambray personally (Ironically the only Gitman I bought full retail, but simultaneously the most expensive) and I absolutely love it.

12. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Yep, I picked up the dark calico. Want the rose print but I'm gonna wait till the next drop.

13. StraitUpSuburbs

Dark Calico was the other one I wanted.

14. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Senior member

was bummed I slept on the independence sale, but my size in the japanese linen randomly came back in stock. I got the navy/green madras recently and love it!

15. StraitUpSuburbs

Anyone know anything about a Stussy collab? Ik for sure they did a few, but this shop the bay has some gitman a in striped Oxford with a stussy purple label. I like em alot, but can't find em anywhere on the Internet or any info so seems fishy...

16. fmonar

fmonar Member

17. StraitUpSuburbs

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

quick sizing question: J Crew reg fit oxford vs Gitman Vintage oxford - Size the same?

19. StraitUpSuburbs

I'd go the same size (L->L). Gitman's gonna have a more tapered fit rather than the more straight cut of the Reg J Crew sizes.

20. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

That Madras shirt from this season is so damn long on me.