1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. marmottan

marmottan Well-Known Member

Thanks tonio.

For your information, the Small i ordered was too tight and the sleeves were ridiculously too short. I had to return it (thanks to Mr. Porter btw for their return policy).
    I exchanged the Small one for a Medium. The Medium is perfect (sleeves, proportions, etc).
    It fits me much better than BB1 (BB Black Fleece), Brooks Brothers "Small" or RL Purple label "Small".
    I usually take 14.5/15 and 33/34.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  2. computurd

computurd Senior member

Does anyone have measurements on an XS basic oxford?

IM 5'5 110lbs and was wondering if it would be too tight and long. Muji size S shirts fit real nice on me

3. squaretofu

squaretofu Member

[​IMG]

4. squaretofu

squaretofu Member

Collar 13.5", sleeve length 32", shoulder to shoulder 16.5", chest 17.5"
    (via official GV website)

5. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

6. 3dials

3dials Senior member

As a guy who has tried lots of different shirts, I would say that I never have to tailor my Gitman Vintage shirts. I cannot say the same for J. Crew (way too baggy in waist and arm circumference), Woolrich John Rich & Bros, or any other brand. Correction, 18 Waits' cotton gauze shirts (so comfortable) fit well. The point is, more "mainstream" designer clothing lines have always needed a trip to the tailor to get them done right, whereas I can wear my Gitman Vintage shirts right off the shelf.

YMMV, but that's my experience.

7. althanis

althanis Senior member

I know this isn't the sales thread, but I just thought I'd put these out here for regulars before I put it on B&S. I have 2 plaid Size Small shirts from the My Habit sale, that are way too small for me. I am usually a size Small, but didn't know you had to size up for the plaid that looks like Blackwatch, so these are essentially size XS.

The photo is here:
    http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/91ln3SX8vzL._SY1600_CR0,0,1190,1600_.jpg

I live in Canada, so had to pay shipping and duties, so the price is higher than the $60 I paid for it. If anyone's interested, let me know, thanks.

8. computurd

computurd Senior member

Yeah my XS Plaid shirt just came in from my habit and its tiny even for me, also lol that is the same shirt I got. Im probably going to ebay it

Just looking at the measurements on context clothing. the XS looks quite similar to the XS plaid I received. if I get a white oxford should i just get a size S?

althanis do you generally wear S in other shirts or just in other gitman shirts?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  9. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I'm 5'7'' and 120lbs and XS fits me perfectly. If you are going to buy GBV, you have to go for XS, S would be too huge for you.
    Both of my GBV ends where the red line is, and for you I think XS shirts will stop at the green line.

[​IMG]

10. ykim917

ykim917 Well-Known Member

So after reading through this thread I'd think that a small would fit me well - I'm about 5'10, 145 pounds with shirts that measure around 28" in length.

But I'm seeing some ebay listings that put the back length at 30"1/2 for a small flannel and the chest at 18". Did they just get lazy with the measuring or does the sizing vary by that much?

11. computurd

computurd Senior member

thanks for the input dingusberry. The shirt i just received is just making me feel funny about the sizing

Even at my height the sleeves and body were quite short. I first thought it might have been a womens shirt but saw the pack said mens shirt.

12. althanis

althanis Senior member

S in Gitman and WvG.

It really sucks about the plaid though, it's a really nice colour. Would you be interested in the S? We can work something out.

Oh, and I have 2 because one was for me and one for my brother.

13. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Send the seller a message asking how they measured. I guess they may have started at the top of the collar :facepalm:

14. luker

luker Well-Known Member

Is this a lightweight or medium weight gingham shirt?

Anyone knows any other stores where I can find this chambray blue? Considering a medium in this..

[​IMG]

15. Coregoods

Coregoods Senior member

Boylston Trading Company has some Gitman Vintage Oxfords left on clearance for $78 shipped

16. AchtungBaby07

AchtungBaby07 Senior member

If anyone is interested in the aloha shirt check out the Bureau Belfast sale section

17. Lokani

Lokani Active Member

I'm new...long time reader.

I just got the floral in M s/s. It hugs real close in the arms and chest. Just wondering for some people how much difference is there for a large? I wondering if I should return.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  18. slide13

slide13 Senior member

pretty big difference from medium to large. There was a time where I was a little inbetween sizes, large was pretty big and medium was too tight to wear....I always had to go large but it often wish the fit was more slim (now it fits me great unfortunately....). If you can fit into a medium reasonably well, large would likely be pretty huge on you.

19. Lokani

Lokani Active Member

Thanks! Its a little tight in the arms and the chest. But what's up with the back? It seems a little weird. I have a reasonable amount of space there

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  20. squaretofu

squaretofu Member

That's because of the box pleat.