1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. zissou

zissou Senior member

I agree, to a degree. Too full of a cut looks like I'm wearing my Dad's clothes, but I have definitely shied away from slim fit the past year or so.

2. Freidegger

Freidegger Member

They are slimmer-fitted at the waist, but they are slightly wider in the shoulders than any M or vanity-S size shirt that I have. The more correct term for the fit would be "tailored" or "athletic".

3. amathew

amathew Senior member

Only have a couple GBV shirts, but this is what I've noticed also.

I have an athletic physique (broad shoulders, muscular back, small waist, etc) and GBV's fit perfect!!! (close second on fit would be Norse Projects shirts)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  4. stevent

stevent Senior member

I'm in the same boat, shoulders on Gitmans are just a tiny bit big but other than that fit is perfect. I'm short as well so it's a good length for casual shirts

5. getshawn

getshawn Well-Known Member

Yep, same here. Other than being a little billow-y on me, I'm 100% happy with their stuff.

6. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

If only they were consistent on the sizing...

7. APK

APK Senior member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

9. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I kind of really like the Purple Llama Patterned Chamois Buttondown Shirt...

1 person likes this.
  10. APK

APK Senior member

I shouldn't like that heinous Llama print as much as I do, but damn it, I've caught myself thinking about it several times since I saw it on your site this morning.

BTW, there's a small error in the write-up for that shirt:

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Purple llamas, surprisingly appealing.

Pin-up, unsurprisingly hideous.

12. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

nah dude, the colorway is great, llamas are one of those things you just wouldn't expect to work out (on a shirt) but the purple complements the yellow llama :satisfied:

13. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

From anyone that has owned Gitman oxfords or shirts in general... Is Context Clothing accurate in their portrayal of the way it fits? From these pictures, they fit really well and slim. If anyone has inputs, I'd really greatly appreciate it as I'm looking for nice shirts/oxfords that will last me a while and fit slim and slender. Thanks again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. forsan

forsan Senior member

I just picked up the Wimbledon chambray from Need Supply and I would say that Context's photos seem accurate in fit.

Very slim fitting through the waist, as the photo shows.

1 person likes this.
  15. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Take notice at how the box pleat in the center causes the lower back to billow.

Also, the small in gitman is pretty slim and small. medium is less slim. large is a tent. etc.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  16. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

If you search the thread for (sizing) or fit you should get a bunch of input, but I like the fit. Mine fit me similar to the Context pictures you posted. I'm 5'8", 150 and wear a small. The only nit-pic I have is the back poof with the half pleat used on the shirts, but you can always have those darted by a tailor if it bothers you. Since I generally wear mine tucked in for work, it's not as bad.

1 person likes this.
  17. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

Some great replies. Thanks guys! I'm planning to wear my oxfords and shirts untucked, not tucked. Will Gitmans look slim/shapely enough? Mind you, that I'm an XS, so I'm hoping they know their sizing for us smaller guys. And is the length shown on Context accurate?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  18. forsan

forsan Senior member

It was my first Gitman Vintage shirt, but from what I've heard, depending on season and material, fits can be all over the place. I've also gathered that as you go up in letter sizes, the chest increases around 2 inches, which accounts for that tent-like fit of the large.

I'm 5'10, 160lb-ish and I also wear a small. I have a pretty small chest (somewhere between 36-37) so it fit me pretty well.

The particular Wimbledon chambray is pretty thin, so I'll most likely be wearing it untucked casually rather than tucked in, but I don't really have a problem with any kind of back poof.

I'll try to post fit pics later if I get a chance.

19. HAL 9000

HAL 9000 Senior member

Awesome! Thanks man. Greatly appreciate it.

20. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

When I first started wearing GBV, I thought it was too blousy, but now the fit has grown on me :)