1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Ordered this floral print from the MyHabit sale and it showed up as a short sleeve.
    Surprised, but I do like the SS better.
    [​IMG]

2. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

^^ I have that in short sleeve as well. Makes a better short-sleeve than long-sleeve shirt, IMO.

3. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Looks like a lot of shirts come in short sleeve. Isnt it specified at the details?

4. kaws N effect

kaws N effect Senior member

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

That picture above was taken from the product page.
    It even says
    •Measurements: shoulder to hemline 26", sleeve length 24", taken from size S

6. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  7. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I'd be interested in a navy or chambray oxford in XL if anyone doesn't want theirs.

8. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

Do Gitman shirts have different fits? I mean fits like classic, custom or slim fit? I haven't seen it mentioned in the details or each shirt's name.

9. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

There's Gitman Bros which is a traditional large cut, and there's Gitman Bros Vintage which is a more modern slim cut. Generally the sizing is consistent for GBV; however, there are some cases where shirts run smaller. I know the White OCBD runs a bit smaller than normal, the blackwatch plaid runs a full size smaller according to some, and the OC x GV generally run a full size smaller (meaning size up 1).

No, there is nothing that discerns the fit of a shirt from season to season, you just have to rely on people in this thread to give feedback.

10. slee1986

slee1986 Senior member

Just got my shirt in the mail and I was really surprised by the sizing. I have 6 gv shirts which fit me perfectly in medium but the forest green navy plaid I ordered in medium is definitely a full size smaller. If anyone wants to buy the Forest Green/Navy Plaid in a tagged medium but actually a size small, for $70 shipped, let me know. The pattern on this shirt is really nice, I just wish it was in my actual size.

http://www.myhabit.com/homepage?ie=...n=B007L7YH5Y&ref=qd_b_img_d_52&sz=Medium&tn=1

11. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

It seems like all plaids from that season fit small

12. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

Funny timing. I just got mine too. As you can see my small fits a little snug..

[​IMG]

Reason being, these are from the Gitman 'Sisters' line. Shorter sleeves, narrow shoulders, extra room in the chest... :cry:

they got us good here man, lol

13. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Does it actually have the "Sisters" tag inside the collar?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  14. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

There is no way he could have actually squeezed into that shirt if it was a women's small

15. slack tide

slack tide Senior member

It does not. But my girlfriend actually has one herself and neither does her. She's tried it on just now and said the fit is the exact same (hers is an xs).

This same shirt sat around in Acrimonys sale section for a pretty long time...up until recently. One of the only places online that carries the sisters line.

I know it's weird that I can fit into the small, but the chest built to accommodate.... check out where the actual shoulder seams lie though.

16. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Haven't been following Gitman anymore because of fit being too inconsistent, but I would have given that sale a try if I didn't miss it. If anyone has these, pm me:

navy/green (blackwatch) plaid, bold stripe oxford, brown plaid flannel in small or medium.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  17. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I should be getting my plaid M next week. Will post results.

18. bluep

bluep Active Member

I received the blackwatch yesterday and I'm happy to report it fits tts.

19. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

I ordered two shirts the Blue/Green Plaid Oxford and the Dark Navy/Yellow Plaid Pullover Flannel both in mediums. The Flannel fit fine and I am keeping it. The Blue/Green plaid fit horribly! It was way too wide in the body and the sleeves were a good inch too short! Needless to say that one is going back...

20. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I ordered that forest plaid shirt too. Looks like it's gonna go back probably.