1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. integral

integral Member

I know! I ordered that and the green kermit x oc shirt and got a message the next day saying sorry but they're both out of stock

2. integral

integral Member

I know! I ordered it and the green kermit x oc shirt, then got a message the next day that both were out of stock

3. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

^^ Me too, but in Large.

4. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Well, if anybody has any small Gitman shirts that they want to unload… let me know!

5. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Me too, but in small.

6. dibango

dibango Senior member

7. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

Aaaaand copped. Thanks a bunch.

8. Gmas

Gmas Senior member

It was an OC exclusive until now - I'm guessing there was extra fabric left over and they made a few more and Roden got them?

Not sure if the sizing is the same with these, but the OC leopard is probably the slimmest Gitman I own of 10+.

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I think Gitman might be doing a second run of popular styles. Or it's extra fabric like you said. They're bringing back the camo shirt as well (minus the contrasting collar/cuff).

[​IMG]

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/blog/gitman-vintage-ss12/

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. ribkin

ribkin Senior member

no leopard print for me ... "unfortunately the item you requested is out of stock....etc etc"

11. Gagno905

Gagno905 Senior member

Copped zebra print. Time to see who my true friends are!

12. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Does anyone feels that the SS12 collection is a slimmer fit? I bought the Indigo polka dot & is slimmer than usual.

13. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Topman is not that bad is it? I got a Topman shirt from 5 years ago, I wear regularly, still holding up ok. Certainly much better than some of the dreck I see here.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  14. blake3030

blake3030 Senior member

Wait til the end of the season and get a few Our Legacy shirts at 40% off from their website. Or from other sites such as Tres Bien Shop and Mr Porter. Similar look to Gitman, slightly more relaxed fit. I prefer them as their collars are a little smaller and their patterns nicer. Gitman is either super preppy or a bit too crazy. The only great in-betweens are their plaids... like the awesome blackwatch one last season.

Gitman are rarely available on sale at decent prices in good sizes. OL are pretty easy to get though.

15. poorman

poorman Senior member

cool, never like contrasting collars anyways. :slayer:

16. maplefuturist

maplefuturist Senior member

Thanks for the tip. I have a decent bookmarks folder going now so I guess it’s just a matter of waiting around. I actually bought an Our Legacy sweatshirt a few seasons back and found it big. Are their shirts similar? If a small Gitman fits me perfect, should I be leaning towards a XS with OL? They don’t provide measurements on their website.

I’m only just beginning to build my wardrobe with simple, but not too cheap basics like solid white, blue, casual shirts. I don’t have much money so I’m trying to start with versatile items. Getting hold of something as simple as a blue oxford has been a pain for me. I’m also very thin at the moment (58kg), and I’m looking at trying to put on some weight soon, hence why I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on shirts that’ll possibly outgrow.

Anyway, this post belongs more in the “Ultimate noob thread” now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  17. max-t

max-t Senior member

zebra short sleeve kopped from tbs

18. stevent

stevent Senior member

Problem with OL is the fit is pretty random for a lot of shirts. You can get every seasonal print on sale at Barneys at first/second drop to $109 for sure, decent shot to get it at $69 final drop as well.

Wish TBS bought the nautical print

19. iotan

iotan Senior member

This is a good question. I would be interested in what others have observed. I only tried on the polka dot quickly at Barney's, but it seemed to be pretty close to normal. It may have been slightly slimmer but I thought it still fit okay. However, I ordered one of the horizontal stripe shirts in my normal size and it is a bit too slim for me (although I doubt enough for sizing up to help). Are others finding this season largely in line with the past few or slimmer yet? Also, are there any specific shirts that are tending to run small/large (like the japanese tartans or whatever last season)?

20. mike1445

mike1445 Senior member

definitely been on the hunt for a buttondown buffalo check so that's a must, was looking for a nice grey BD too but that glen plaid peeking out from behind is something I didn't see coming and might be an instakop