Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. max-t

max-t Senior member

got my olive today too. 3rd gitman kop of the season. 4th comin in friday, indigo chambray oxford. will also prolly kop zebra when it surfaces somewhere.

didn't wanna do an identical fit pic so I threw in a dumb facial expression and a roll of bounty

[​IMG]

2. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

Save some kop $ for spring people, you will want every shirt. Two words: zebra camo.

3. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

4. dsoren

dsoren Senior member

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Overdyes and chambrays are dope, more polka dot is always good as well.

I think their patterns are really weak. They're cool to look at, like "oh they made a shirt out of that" type of deal. The florals are whack...the zebra and rabbit prints are cool, but I would never wear. I think it would only look good in hypebeasty looks, with fitted caps and such, not much suited to stuff people wear here. This Fall was much stronger.

6. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Hi, just checking, right now for the oxford they are run bigger than the last season? or are they the same

7. Dino19

Dino19 Senior member

Hi,

Anyone knows where can I pickup a Denim Blue Chambray Oxford size S? It's sold out @ South Willard. Damn!!!

8. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Senior member

Could someone give me the back length in inches (bottom of collar to end of shirt) of any color oxford in XS? I checked context but their lengths seem off. They have some shirts listed at around 26 inches, but I'm pretty sure the length isn't that short, as my blue gitman vintage oxford from last season is 30 inches in length.

9. reedobandito

reedobandito Senior member

fit pics look fantastic, the Dragonfly print looks especially nice

10. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Just got the Olive shirt, the Japanese Corduroy with polka dots, and a brown/blue/cream Japanese over dyed yarn flannel... This is one hell of a fall shipment they have going around the country, the quality in the materials is superb and the styling is top notch. I fucking LOVE this brand.

11. mdla

mdla Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten around to measuring for specifics, but the length and sleeves are definitely shorter on the Japanese over-dyes than the normal oxfords. I'm normally a medium, and I think I'd have a hard time keeping this one tucked in. The fabric is fantastic though.

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I got the Grey Chambray/Oxford yesterday, and I have to say, I'm impressed. It fits that perfect sweet spot in terms of color... between the normal grey oxford and then the black chambray.

Plus, the fabric is really nice. I'm not surprised this fabric is stocked by a lot of the retailers this season.

As for the color, it's "greenish grey", imo. But I have a hunch that the green will show up more outside, in direct sunlight.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

13. palma

palma Senior member

Man...you have quite a collection. Very impressed. You only kop Gitman or what? How many total in your closet? Sorry don't mean to be intrusive, but just curious. I usually have to stop, albeit against my will, after a shirt or two in a season.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

Need moar!
    [​IMG]
    12 gitmanz here

15. max-t

max-t Senior member

Nah I just got into gitman this season after spending my acrimony credit on the stars shirt and like it so much I went a lil nuts. For the record the shirts I got this season are the Stars, Dragonfly, Olive, and Indigo Chambray Oxford.